PDA

View Full Version : US Masters Golf

Golden Bear
06-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Really looking forward to next week's Tournament. As usual Tiger's the man to beat, but i've a wee inkling Fred Couples will do well. He's got a great record in the Masters and seems to be free from his recent back troubles. He's also doing well in this week's Houston Open in Texas.

I've just placed £10 each way on Freddy at odds of 110 to 1. If he does well in the last round at Houston tonight I expect his odds will fall.

I might also have a wee flutter on Lee Westwood & Paul Casey.

It's a blank weekend at the fitba next week but TV coverage of the Masters will help to compensate.

Roll on!

Hanny
06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Angel Cabrera is 80/1 with Ladbrokes, Garcia 50/1.

Both worth a cheeky quid each way I think :agree:

Hank Schrader
07-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Probably goes without saying but Tiger is going to walk this one going by current form.

Justin Rose could be a good shout. Has twice been leader after the first round and likes the Augusta course. He is sitting at 40/1 on Paddy Power just now.

Last years winner may do well again, currently at 66/1 just now, could be worth a punt, not sure what his current form is like.

As ever the greens at Augusta will be lightening fast so the best putters this season so far should be looked at closely. Paddy Harrington and Luke Donald sitting at 1 and 2 on the PGA stats list. (they have played less rounds that most on the PGA tour though)

Another good shout could be Andreas Romero, he almost won the open last year and did well a few weeks ago, currently sitting at 100/1 and is 14th on the PGA momey list.

Geoff Ogilvy is on form too, currently 28/1. Fred Couples is another good shout as stated by finhq, a wee stat for you....he has never missed the cut at the Masters, ever:wink:

Paddy Power is offering 1/4 odds on first 5 places by the way:wink:

Hibee_Craig7062
08-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Really looking forward to next week's Tournament. As usual Tiger's the man to beat, but i've a wee inkling Fred Couples will do well. He's got a great record in the Masters and seems to be free from his recent back troubles. He's also doing well in this week's Houston Open in Texas.

I've just placed £10 each way on Freddy at odds of 110 to 1. If he does well in the last round at Houston tonight I expect his odds will fall.

I might also have a wee flutter on Lee Westwood & Paul Casey.

It's a blank weekend at the fitba next week but TV coverage of the Masters will help to compensate.

Roll on!

Id agree with that if it was on sky and not BBC - Final round is the only thing u get decent,lengthy coverage on

Golden Bear
08-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Id agree with that if it was on sky and not BBC - Final round is the only thing u get decent,lengthy coverage on

:agree:

But things are improving. This year we're getting 3 hours on both Thursday & friday. 3.5 hours on Saturday and 4.5 hours on Sunday.

The Beeb coverage is governed by the number of hours that the Augusta officials will permit them to broadcast. They also prefer the BBC to a commercial company as they claim the coverage will reach a wider audience.

Hibbie_Cameron
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Rose is a good bet. Cant see past Tiger though

Hank Schrader
08-04-2008, 10:23 PM

But things are improving. This year we're getting 3 hours on both Thursday & friday. 3.5 hours on Saturday and 4.5 hours on Sunday.

The Beeb coverage is governed by the number of hours that the Augusta officials will permit them to broadcast. They also prefer the BBC to a commercial company as they claim the coverage will reach a wider audience.

The BBC do a good job of the Masters, Peter Alliss can talk some drivel now and again as he moves on in years but on the whole he does okay.

I really like Ewan Murray and Bruce Critchfield on SKY but absolutely cannot stand listening to Butch Harmon, who just can't help but slaver over how good Tiger Woods is. Its embarrasing:bitchy:

LustForLeith
09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Got a tip for Baddelly (think thats his name) took 40/1 without Woods

Hanny
09-04-2008, 05:46 PM

Got him 80/1 E/W, along with Garcia, Cabrera, Donald and Casey

NYHibby
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM

Augusta National is notorious for not selling out to the TV people or sponsors. They have the most famous back nine in golf because for years that was all you would see. Television coverage won't start until the leaders were close to the turn. Its only been in the last few years that they're expanded the hours they allow CBS to broadcast.

NYHibby
09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
I actually got tickets one year but couldn't go

Hank Schrader
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM

Good shout.

In the end I went for;

£1 e/w bets on:

Andreas Romero 100/1
Zach Johnson 80/1
David Toms 200/1

£2 e/w bets on:

Justin Rose 33/1
Aaron Baddeley 66/1

£1 to win:

Geoff Ogilvy 22/1

Higgy115
10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
KJ Choi and Goosen i think are pretty good shouts this year.

I have backed them both each way (without Woods) still got 28's and 20's.

Got a tip for Goosen to beat Adam Scott in a match bet at 10/11, has beat him the last 6 years and Scott had to pull out of last weeks tournament......

Toaods
10-04-2008, 09:01 PM

Aaron Baddelly9sp.?0 is a very decent player. I saw him win the Melbourne Open about 8 years ago and he was going to be the new Greg Norman.

he beat Monty in a play-off and that took some doing at that time for one so inexperienced.

He has taken too long really to come good but e is capable of streaking away when in the lead and the confidence flows.

I've just backed Sandy Lyle E/W at 300/1....cannae see hi doing it but he knows the way around there and it would be a Hollywood movie in the bag if he was to pull it off. -3 thru 13 and sitting T2......Gon on yerself Big Sandy.....:thumbsup:

Mike777
10-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Sandy Lyle having a nice first round,

LEGEND

Sylar
10-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Been an excellent open day actually, following a rather tedious start by a few players!

Tiger has started in his usual manner - poorly, but has made some fantastic shots and i've no doubt he'll be there about come Sunday (although he's 4 behind Rose just now!!!).

Justin Rose has played a magnificent round of golf today - his tempo at the tee, approach play and putting have been spot on and he's a deserved leader (or joint leader as it now is as Trevor Immelman has JUST birdied the 15th).

Sandy Lyle is indeed having a nice round - made some nice approach shots and some nice putts.

Disappointed by a few players so far but it is the opening day - plenty of time to rally!

Ian Poulter's hole in 1 at the 16th was incredible! :agree:

Sunny Leith
10-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I have a quid e/w on Cink at 66 and Clark at 100

Clark usually does okay in Majors so hoping for a potenial place, as I write this hes at evens and Cink is 1 under :thumbsup:

Toaods
10-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Typical bloody Sandy.......a nightmare finish but still decent all things considered.

If only he could start off abysmal and finish with a smile on his coupon........:thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
12-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I got Tiger Woods at 4/1 during his second round, stuck a tenner on him. He was +1 at the time and now he is -1, only 7 off the lead. He isn't playing great right now but he is capable of being on the lead come the end of day 3.

Golden Bear
12-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Gary Linekar has been spoiling the Beeb presentation with his tedious "little Engerlander" attitude.

Golf is a sport where a person's nationality is of second importance to their abilities but Linekar doesn't seem to appreciate this with his endless remarks about how well "England's" golfers are doing.

Guys like Lee Westwood, Paul Casey, Luke Donald and Justin Rose all seem to be level headed ordinary blokes, they're not arrogant in the slightest and I genuinely wish them well. However Linekar's remarks do tend to be "off putting" and I wish he'd lay off.

How he got that job in the first place beats me as I'm sure there are people far better qualified as him to act as the front man for the TV coverage of golfing events.

Stick to Crisp adverts Gary - you're talents are more suited to that.

The Sundance Kid
13-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Think it will be either Immelman, Snedeker, Flesch or Casey that wins it now. Woods has never won a major when trailing going in to the last day and I think he is too far behind.

Hank Schrader
13-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Think it will be either Immelman, Snedeker, Flesch or Casey that wins it now. Woods has never won a major when trailing going in to the last day and I think he is too far behind.

First time for everything:wink:

Personally can't see past Immelman myself though:agree:

Ringothedog
13-04-2008, 11:32 AM
First time for everything:wink:

Personally can't see past Immelman myself though:agree:

Hope so.........I backed him on Friday Morning at 20/1(£2.50 ew):thumbsup:

Golden Bear
13-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't right Tiger off just yet. The very fact that he's brought himself back into contention is enough to put the frighteners on some of the guys in front of him.

It will be an interesting night, - especially if Tiger makes a good start.

Yesterday I watched "Amen Corner" on the BBC interactive service prior to the start of the normal coverage - it provided some brilliant photo shots and was a welcome addition to the normal Masters broadcasts.

Sunny Leith
13-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I have a quid e/w on Cink at 66 and Clark at 100

Clark usually does okay in Majors so hoping for a potenial place, as I write this hes at evens and Cink is 1 under :thumbsup:

Cinks started on fire and leaders both bogey first hole, cmon you Cinkster :thumbsup: