PDA

View Full Version : Bowls - Hibs.Net v Northern?

MB62
03-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Ok lads (and Lassies). Having spoken to the committee, there appears to be no problems with organising a wee game of bowls between .netters and the Northern Hibbies, there's plenty of us down there.

Could you give me an idea of who would want to play and what DAY suits everyone best i.e. Saturday or Sunday.

Due to the many friendlies etc that are played, dates available are limited but if I know most prefer one to the other, it will make it easier to organise.
Also if can let me know when you are unavailable, that would help.

Maybe just add your name below and we can see where it goes from there.

M.B.

HibbyDave
03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Is this a bowls match against the Northern bowling Club in Wariston?

MB62
03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Is this a bowls match against the Northern bowling Club in Wariston?

It certainly is Davy, depending on how many show an interest.
My first thought is to keep it to Northern Hibbies (although I don't know if I would get away with that) but if you fancy it, get your name down.

MB62
04-04-2008, 09:13 AM
My suggested date would be

Saturday 28th June with a 2.30pm kick off.

This though might end up clashing with a Hibs game, but we can make that provisional and see who is interested.

MSK
04-04-2008, 10:11 AM
My suggested date would be

Saturday 28th June with a 2.30pm kick off.

This though might end up clashing with a Hibs game, but we can make that provisional and see who is interested.I will stick that in my diary mate ..just to make sure i dont organise any club ties...:aok:

How many rinks we looking at or is that dependant on interest ?

MB62
04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
I will stick that in my diary mate ..just to make sure i dont organise any club ties...:aok:

How many rinks we looking at or is that dependant on interest ?

All depending on interest. I would hope to maybe have a couple of rinks at least but I don't know how many bowlers there are on Hibs.net and who would actually be interested.
We have a bit of time, we could always have a singles game :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Sounds good to me, it's in the diary under "provisional" :greengrin

MB62
04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Sounds good to me, it's in the diary under "provisional" :greengrin

Brilliant, I will get a partner and we can have a game of pairs now :thumbsup:

Any more?

MSK
04-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Brilliant, I will get a partner and we can have a game of pairs now :thumbsup:

Any more?Lets get a triple ...come on folks ..:greengrin

MB62
04-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Lets get a triple ...come on folks ..:greengrin

Where's TANFIELD when you him?
C'Mon Andrew, it was you that reminded me about this :wink: :greengrin

MB62
04-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Yahoo, we have a Triple. Just had a P.M. from FatStu and he is up for it too.

One more and we have a rink, then who knows, maybe snowball to TWO TRIPLES.

C'Mon bowlers, don't be so 'tight' and get your names up for the challange.

MSK
04-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Yahoo, we have a Triple. Just had a P.M. from FatStu and he is up for it too.

One more and we have a rink, then who knows, maybe snowball to TWO TRIPLES.

C'Mon bowlers, don't be so 'tight' and get your names up for the challange.Good stuff, we are getting there....:thumbsup:

Calvin
04-04-2008, 06:41 PM
I'll play next year if you do it again.

Chez
04-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I'll give it a go - the day suits me fine :thumbsup:

H18sry
05-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Is bowling not an old-folks sport :devil: :duck:

tanfield
05-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Where's TANFIELD when you him?
C'Mon Andrew, it was you that reminded me about this :wink: :greengrin

Aye Aye Mike. Just noticed this thread just now so count me provisionally in. Just have to convince the missus to take a days holiday to look after the kids.:worried::pray:

What's that we're up to now?

MB62
07-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Aye Aye Mike. Just noticed this thread just now so count me provisionally in. Just have to convince the missus to take a days holiday to look after the kids.:worried::pray:

What's that we're up to now?

We now have a rink, with hopefully more to follow.

To clear things up slightly. This is intended to be for those who can actually play the game a wee bit, a 'serious' challange match between Hibs.net bowlers and Hibee Northern members.

Apologies to those who just thought about turning up for a laugh and a mess about but that might not go down too well with NBC Committee :wink:

tanfield
07-04-2008, 03:16 PM
We now have a rink, with hopefully more to follow.

To clear things up slightly. This is intended to be for those who can actually play the game a wee bit, a 'serious' challange match between Hibs.net bowlers and Hibee Northern members.

Apologies to those who just thought about turning up for a laugh and a mess about but that might not go down too well with NBC Committee :wink:

Or 2 pairs:wink:

Must be more interested bowlers out there. What about those who contributed to the first thread?

sg7nil
07-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I was on the first thread, but I'm a refugee from the bounce :duck:- so I don't really count as a .netter

MSK
07-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I was on the first thread, but I'm a refugee from the bounce :duck:- so I don't really count as a .netterYou use both though, your more than welcome ...:agree:

tanfield
07-04-2008, 06:25 PM
You use both though, your more than welcome ...:agree:

I'll second that:agree:

MB62
08-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I'll second that:agree:

I'll turd that, oops, sorry third that, can I do that? :greengrin

A pair and a Triple now, pressure on the Northern lads to come good then!

Hibee_Craig7062
08-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Id be interested in this,

i currently play down at carrick knowe.

Sundays are a no go for me due to E&L U25 games but sat 28th June sounds fine.

MB62
08-04-2008, 10:24 AM

Great Craig, now two triples, my favourite game

tanfield
08-04-2008, 03:10 PM

Good to hear Craig.

Hope you are not working too hard:wink:

Hibee_Craig7062
08-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Good to hear Craig.

Hope you are not working too hard:wink:

Impossible in this job! unbelievably mind-nummingly boring at the moment.

We could do with a couple more people coming out the woodwork on this thread to get us up to 2 full rinks!:wink:

Craig_in_Prague
10-04-2008, 11:09 AM
och,
would have loved to be able to play :boo hoo:

MSK
17-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Still looking for more names if any bowlers are interested ...

H18sry
17-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Impossible in this job! unbelievably mind-nummingly boring at the moment.

We could do with a couple more people coming out the woodwork on this thread to get us up to 2 full rinks!:wink:

I thought bowling was played on a green or is it ice bowling you oldies are playing :cool2:

sg7nil
17-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I thought bowling was played on a green or is it ice bowling you oldies are playing :cool2:

Less of the oldies!!! and dinnae show yer ignorance!

Ice rinks were first artificially produced in the late 19th century (prior to that if people wanted to use an ice surface for skating/curling they had to wait for a body of water to freeze naturally. (not that I was around to attest to this personally)

Bowling existed long before this time, so the use of the word "rink" in this case is entirely correct.

H18sry
17-04-2008, 07:30 PM

Less of the oldies!!! and dinnae show yer ignorance!

Ice rinks were first artificially produced in the late 19th century (prior to that if people wanted to use an ice surface for skating/curling they had to wait for a body of water to freeze naturally. (not that I was around to attest to this personally)

Bowling existed long before this time, so the use of the word "rink" in this case is entirely correct.

:fishin::devil:

MSK
17-04-2008, 07:40 PM
:fishin::devil:You should try it sometime ...who knows ye might enjoy it ..

H18sry
17-04-2008, 07:45 PM
You should try it sometime ...who knows ye might enjoy it ..

Played before when the branches used to have a day out at the RINK that used to be behind ER:wink:

But it was more just an excuse for a close seaon p1ss up :greengrin

sg7nil
18-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Played before when the branches used to have a day out at the RINK that used to be behind ER:wink:

But it was more just an excuse for a close seaon p1ss up :greengrin

There was a green behind ER (St Andrews Steelworks - and a nice green it was too) this will have consisted of as many as seven (or even eight -but fairly narrow) rinks, however the standard for most greens is just six. There are some greens in the town that are not big enough for six rinks and these are ineligible to host certain competitions. Dependant on what competition is being played, the rinks can be between 15 - 18 feet wide (can be narrower for non-competition play).

These will have been played on by bowlers in the following possible combinations ....

Singles = 1 a side
Pairs = 2 a side
Triples = 3 a side
or... Rinks (very occasionally referred to as fours) = 4 a side (the maximum number in a game at a time I.E. a full rink as referred to earlier in this thread).

MSK
21-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Ok guys, names so far ...

Burnsie

HNA6 (Kenny)

Hibby Dave ?

Scouse Hibee

Tanfield

sg7nil

Hibee Craig0762

Luxjock

Dudley Hibee

Glasgow Hibs ?

Sambajustice ?

Fat Stu

sg7nil
21-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I think I replied to this already, do these threads replicate across all of the forums that they exist on??

MSK
21-04-2008, 02:14 PM
I think I replied to this already, do these threads replicate across all of the forums that they exist on??Nope..i done a quick run through of the three threads this morning mate to note down the names because i was dropping the thread on the main forum, i couldnt see a yes from yourself hence the ?...apologies if i have missed a post from you ...i will have another look ...:agree:

Edit: I see you have replied to the other thread ...thats no bother...:thumbsup:

Fat Stu
21-04-2008, 06:53 PM

Burnsie

HNA6 (Kenny)

Hibby Dave ?

Scouse Hibee

Tanfield

sg7nil ?

Hibee Craig0762

Luxjock

Dudley Hibee

Glasgow Hibs ?

Sambajustice ?

And me!!

MSK
21-04-2008, 07:20 PM
And me!!Your in ...:thumbsup:

tanfield
27-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Just had confirmation from the missus that she has managed to get a day off from work on the 28th June so I'm a definite now.:thumbsup:

Mike - Please don't change the date:pray:

Had my first practice at Whitehouse tonight and not running to bad. Not long to the league games start.

MB62
29-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Booked Three rinks last night at our committee meeting lads, so we are defo up and running for June 28th.
I will wait and see what the numbers are before deciding whether I play for Hibs.net or the Northern.

I will now need to start inviting fellow Northern Hibbies to take part :thumbsup:

BTW just in case anybody is not sure where the Northern is, I have just recently added a map to our website you can find us there.

http//:www.northernbowlingclub.co.uk

The link sometimes doesn't show exactly where we are when you click on it but scroll out to a slightly wider view and you will see us.

MSK
29-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Good stuff Mike ...i know the club well, used to deliver yer beer ...:party:

Ps: What sort of time are we talking....12.00/12.30...1.00...?

MB62
29-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Good stuff Mike ...i know the club well, used to deliver yer beer ...:party:

Ps: What sort of time are we talking....12.00/12.30...1.00...?

Well done Kenny, maybe this time you can even drink the stuff you used to deliver :thumbsup:.

I have booked the three rinks from 2.00pm.

I think I will leave team selection to yourself and Andrew, (Tanfield) and I will select the Northern team, if that's who I play for :wink: :greengrin

MSK
29-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Well done Kenny, maybe this time you can even drink the stuff you used to deliver :thumbsup:.

I have booked the three rinks from 2.00pm.

I think I will leave team selection to yourself and Andrew, (Tanfield) and I will select the Northern team, if that's who I play for :wink: :greengrinWe were always seen alright for a pint or 3 when we delivered yer club Mike ..:cheers:

As for the time etc ... im absolutley fine wi that ..:thumbsup:

Fat Stu
29-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Booked Three rinks last night at our committee meeting lads, so we are defo up and running for June 28th.
I will wait and see what the numbers are before deciding whether I play for Hibs.net or the Northern.

I will now need to start inviting fellow Northern Hibbies to take part :thumbsup:

BTW just in case anybody is not sure where the Northern is, I have just recently added a map to our website you can find us there.

http//:www.northernbowlingclub.co.uk

The link sometimes doesn't show exactly where we are when you click on it but scroll out to a slightly wider view and you will see us.

Is that the one on the street going towards warriston playing fields?

And for the selectors lead or third please, i'm a useless second and a hotheaded skip(in otherwords if i'm getting beat I keep driving out of anger and i'm useless at driving:greengrin).

MSK
29-04-2008, 06:16 PM

And for the selectors lead or third please, i'm a useless second and a hotheaded skip(in otherwords if i'm getting beat I keep driving out of anger and i'm useless at driving:greengrin).Suits me Stu ...i dont mind playing second ...i play that in the Esk league/my rink & my triples ...:thumbsup:

tanfield
29-04-2008, 07:10 PM

And for the selectors lead or third please, i'm a useless second and a hotheaded skip(in otherwords if i'm getting beat I keep driving out of anger and i'm useless at driving:greengrin).

Nae probs Stu, I think that happens to us all does it not??

Kenny (HNA6). Seeing as Mike has kindly delegated the selection to us it might be an idea for everyone to state honestly where they would prefer to play and take it from there.

Ok so far:

Fat Stu - Lead/Third
HNA6 - Second
Tanfield - I'm happy to skip (play anywhere mind)

What about the others??

MSK
29-04-2008, 07:16 PM

Kenny (HNA6). Seeing as Mike has kindly delegated the selection to us it might be an idea for everyone to state honestly where they would prefer to play and take it from there.

Ok so far:

Fat Stu - Lead/Third
HNA6 - Second

What about the others??Indeed...:agree:..im easy peasy but def no skip...if we have a couple o skips in our numbers then that would be great ...:thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2008, 07:57 PM

Ok so far:

Fat Stu - Lead/Third
HNA6 - Second

What about the others??

I'd rather play second or third, especially if I can repeat my form from the Hats last night :greengrin . 21 -4 after 13 ends and we still never won the money!
First league game on Friday and cannae wait.

MSK
29-04-2008, 09:11 PM
[/B]

I'd rather play second or third, especially if I can repeat my form from the Hats last night :greengrin . 21 -4 after 13 ends and we still never won the money!
First league game on Friday and cannae wait.So far ive lost 21-12 in the handicap & the team lost 5-3 at home in the Esk league to Loanhead private ...i was reserve....:greengrin

Fat Stu
29-04-2008, 11:51 PM

Ok so far:

Fat Stu - Lead/Third
HNA6 - Second

What about the others??

Aye, but I can really be a bad tempered git at bowls. I've saw myself giving ties half way through cos I was in the huff at getting beat.

Hibee_Craig7062
30-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Im not at all fussy where i play Andrew.

anywhere will do me - just to confirm its still the 28th june yeah?

MB62
30-04-2008, 08:20 AM
just to confirm its still the 28th june yeah?

It is DEFO Sat June 28th Craig, with a 2.00pm kick-off

Aye, but I can really be a bad tempered git at bowls. I've saw myself giving ties half way through cos I was in the huff at getting beat.

Sounds exactly like a member of my own club, a big huffy bairn :greengrin

It surely is Stu.

BTW, this is great, I'm getting an insight into your team and I will pick my team accordingly, although I don't suppose we will have much trouble winning this game :duck: :take that: :tin hat:

Hibee_Craig7062
30-04-2008, 12:00 PM
It is DEFO Sat June 28th Craig, with a 2.00pm kick-off

Perfect - theres no hamilton trophy that weekend so definately in.

MSK
30-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Sounds exactly like a member of my own club, a big huffy bairn :greengrin

Hey ..im surrounded wi them down here at the Jewel ...saw a couple o bowls getting launched intae Bingham burn one day ...jeezo ..theres losers & theres losers ...:greengrin

tanfield
30-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey ..im surrounded wi them down here at the Jewel ...saw a couple o bowls getting launched intae Bingham burn one day ...jeezo ..theres losers & theres losers ...:greengrin

I can admit to a few huffy moments particularly in my early days. After a devastating defeat :grr:in the semi final of the championship I volleyed one of my bowls into the locker room (hurt like hell!) and stormed out. Can smile about if now though.:greengrin

Hibee_Craig7062
01-05-2008, 07:07 AM
I can admit to a few huffy moments particularly in my early days. After a devastating defeat :grr:in the semi final of the championship I volleyed one of my bowls into the locker room (hurt like hell!) and stormed out. Can smile about if now though.:greengrin

What a shocking attitude to have :wink:

Nah im my opinion you have to be upset when defeated.

"Show me a good loser and ill show you a loser" i think the saying goes.

MB62
01-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Perfect - theres no hamilton trophy that weekend so definately in.

I have already informed the selectors that I am unavailable that weekend because of this big challange game at the Northern, so don't even think about arranging anything as I just wont play. :wink: :greengrin

MSK
01-05-2008, 08:46 AM
I have already informed the selectors that I am unavailable thta weekend because of this big challange game at the Northern, so don't even think about arranging anything as I just wont play. :wink: :greengrinAye...i told my Captain a couple of weeks ago ...perhaps thats why im reserve now ...wrapping me up in cotton wool ...NOT !! :grr:......:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2008, 09:45 PM
A good start tonight in the W of E, 22-12 for my rink, our other three rinks all won so 9-0 overall for the match :greengrin

MSK
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
A good start tonight in the W of E, 22-12 for my rink, our other three rinks all won so 9-0 overall for the match :greengrinWell done mate ...:thumbsup:...not sure how the Jewel got on tonight ..i was out injured ...:boo hoo:

HibbyDave
03-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I've never played bowls in my life. I originally asked about the match because my brother is a past president of the Northern.
Couldn't make the proposed date as this clashes with a family event. I think it would be interesting if both teams had to include a complete novice as it would introduce new players to bowls and add a fun element to the matches. Of course a novice would have to provide/borrow? the spikey shoes and other compulsory clothing/kit/bowls etc:greengrin

sg7nil
05-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Nae spiky shoes on a bowling green... totally flat soles only (nae heels).

I fell on opening day on a wet patch on our green so it can get interesting when it's wet.

MB62
08-05-2008, 07:46 AM
I've never played bowls in my life. I originally asked about the match because my brother is a past president of the Northern.
Couldn't make the proposed date as this clashes with a family event. I think it would be interesting if both teams had to include a complete novice as it would introduce new players to bowls and add a fun element to the matches. Of course a novice would have to provide/borrow? the spikey shoes and other compulsory clothing/kit/bowls etc:greengrin

Dave,

I reckon there might well be a couple of 'novices' in the Northern team anyway, as we have a good few new members who have never played bowls before but joined the club to see if they would enjoy it (and they very much seem to be doing so :thumbsup:).

Who is your past Persident brother? ROC?

HibbyDave
12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Dave,

I reckon there might well be a couple of 'novices' in the Northern team anyway, as we have a good few new members who have never played bowls before but joined the club to see if they would enjoy it (and they very much seem to be doing so :thumbsup:).

Who is your past Persident brother? ROC?

ROC-Yep Currently on tour.

sg7nil
12-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Is anybody on here playing in the Premier 20 tonight?

I was supposed to be playing away tonight (at of all places Gorgie Mills!) but it seems that they've pulled out as they can't raise a team!

They used to be a very powerful club in the bowls circles of Edinburgh, are they in difficulties? Or is it just that the Premier 20 isn't prestigious enough for them to bother with it? :confused:

tanfield
13-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Is anybody on here playing in the Premier 20 tonight?

I was supposed to be playing away tonight (at of all places Gorgie Mills!) but it seems that they've pulled out as they can't raise a team!

They used to be a very powerful club in the bowls circles of Edinburgh, are they in difficulties? Or is it just that the Premier 20 isn't prestigious enough for them to bother with it? :confused:

It's awfae earlier for the Premier 20 is it not? Did it not get played sometime in June previously?

Not surprised that teams struggle to raise a team. I know that my cub and Summerside did not enter but they must be more.

Gorgie did used to be a strong club but they continue to lose players to other WOL clubs it seems. Don't know if this is more of a case of players falling out with the club:dunno:

MSK
13-05-2008, 06:39 AM
It's awfae earlier for the Premier 20 is it not? Did it not get played sometime in June previously?

Not surprised that teams struggle to raise a team. I know that my cub and Summerside did not enter but they must be more.

Gorgie did used to be a strong club but they continue to lose players to other WOL clubs it seems. Don't know if this is more of a case of players falling out with the club:dunno:Two of our skips are playing against Summerside (Gary Swain & David Scott) not sure of the comp but i heard them mention your club last Friday ...:agree:

We dont get many "prestigious" comps in the Esk ...the Midlothian Rinks (Rosebery i think its known by) was the biggest ...

sg7nil
13-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Two of our skips are playing against Summerside (Gary Swain & David Scott) not sure of the comp but i heard them mention your club last Friday ...:agree:

We dont get many "prestigious" comps in the Esk ...the Midlothian Rinks (Rosebery i think its known by) was the biggest ...

If they are/were both skipping then it won't have been the Premier 20.

The format of the comp is that each club fields 20 players ... 10 at home and 10 away. you have a single, a pair, a triple and a rink at home, each against different random clubs. Then your other 10 players are spread around four other random clubs as a single, pair etc... they make it so that you don't play the same club twice in the competition.

Our away rink were at Balerno, so there can be a fair bit of travelling involved (which possibly puts clubs off a bit too).

MSK
13-05-2008, 08:41 AM
If they are/were both skipping then it won't have been the Premier 20.

The format of the comp is that each club fields 20 players ... 10 at home and 10 away. you have a single, a pair, a triple and a rink at home, each against different random clubs. Then your other 10 players are spread around four other random clubs as a single, pair etc... they make it so that you don't play the same club twice in the competition.

Our away rink were at Balerno, so there can be a fair bit of travelling involved (which possibly puts clubs off a bit too).That sounds like our version of the "Top 10"....

All winners of our Scottish comps ..

4 - Winners of rink

3 - Winners of triples

2 - Winners of the pairs

1 - Winner of the Championship

MB62
13-05-2008, 12:05 PM
The Premier 20 was a cpmpetition too far for us at the Northern.
IIRC, This was originallya competition to celebrate the last commonwealth games in Edinburgh, and was meant to be a 'One Off'. It continued on however, but became more and more of a burden for us for various reasons, and I'm sure we pulled out quite some time ago.

Can never remember it being this early in the season either.

tanfield
13-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Two of our skips are playing against Summerside (Gary Swain & David Scott) not sure of the comp but i heard them mention your club last Friday ...:agree:

I thought Gary and David played for Niddrie and you played for Jewel (surely not some kind of jewel membership??):dunno: I've got a good couple of mates at Summerside and Niddrie beat them 9-0 in the league last Wednesday.

MSK
13-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I thought Gary and David played for Niddrie and you played for Jewel (surely not some kind of jewel membership??):dunno: I've got a good couple of mates at Summerside and Niddrie beat them 9-0 in the league last Wednesday.Indeed, both fully paid up members of the Jewel & Niddrie....they play all their Scottish ties for Niddrie as well as league games on a Wed & they play for us on a Friday ...im led to believe Gary has joined another bowling club perhaps Brunstane but has to wait till next season to play ..:agree:

Chez
13-05-2008, 09:51 PM

Burnsie

HNA6 (Kenny)

Hibby Dave ?

Scouse Hibee

Tanfield

sg7nil ?

Hibee Craig0762

Luxjock

Dudley Hibee

Glasgow Hibs ?

Sambajustice ?

Fat Stu

Me too K :thumbsup:

MB62
27-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Starting to put my team together for THE BIG MATCH. You :hnet: better watch out, it's looking good already :wink: :thumbsup:

MSK
27-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Starting to put my team together for THE BIG MATCH. You :hnet: better watch out, it's looking good already :wink: :thumbsup:So are :hnet:.....once Tanfield gets back to me with the definates ...:flag::cup::flag:

MSK
27-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Burnsie...Tanfield ..you both have pm's ....:aok:

tanfield
27-05-2008, 09:51 PM
So are :hnet:.....once Tanfield gets back to me with the definates ...:flag::cup::flag:

8 definites so far Kenny so just need one more for 3 triples. Waiting for a response from a couple but enough so far to field a team.

Interesting to see what kind of team Mike manages to pull together. Hopefully they will be able to put up some kind of game against us:greengrin

Still got to decide on dress code. Standard greys and whites to you think?:dunno: Would look good with team polo shirts with our user names on the back:agree:

BarneyBreslin
27-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Tanfield, as per my pm I'm up for coming out of retirement for this game.

Happy to play anywhere.

MSK
27-05-2008, 09:58 PM
8 definites so far Kenny so just need one more for 3 triples. Waiting for a response from a couple but enough so far to field a team.

Interesting to see what kind of team Mike manages to pull together. Hopefully they will be able to put up some kind of game against us:greengrin

Still got to decide on dress code. Standard greys and whites to you think?:dunno: Would look good with team polo shirts with our user names on the back:agree:Good stuff mate ...:agree:...think we should play Northern wi our opposite bowling hands just tae gie them a chance ...:thumbsup:

As for dress code i think our own individual club colours would look smart..tie..polo shirt or jersey ...i will prob wear my black trousers wi dark blue Jewel Club jersey ..:thumbsup:

tanfield
28-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Tanfield, as per my pm I'm up for coming out of retirement for this game.

Happy to play anywhere.

Cheers. Up to 9 now so at least 3 rinks of triples.:thumbsup:

MSK
28-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Cheers. Up to 9 now so at least 3 rinks of triples.:thumbsup:Bring it on !!!! :thumbsup:

MB62
28-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Bring it on !!!! :thumbsup:

Despite the absence of one or two notable players (ME :wink: :greengrin) the Northern Hibbies cuffed our Yam counterparts on Saturday at the club in the annual challange match. :thumbsup:

:hnet: be afraid, be very afraid :worried:

MSK
28-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Despite the absence of one or two notable players (ME :wink: :greengrin) the Northern Hibbies cuffed our Yam counterparts on Saturday at the club in the annual challange match. :thumbsup:

:hnet: be afraid, be very afraid :worried:Right ..war !!! :gun:..thats my size 8's getting dusted doon ...:greengrin

MB62
28-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Right ..war !!! :gun:..thats my size 8's getting dusted doon ...:greengrin

Our club Champion, George Prentice, who won last night against Pilrig in the Scottish singles, plays with size 0-7's, A match for your size HH :thumbsup:

sg7nil
28-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Our club Champion, George Prentice, who won last night against Pilrig in the Scottish singles, plays with size 0-7's, A match for your size HH :thumbsup:

Was that game played at Seafield?

I think my dad had volunteered to mark it... was it Darren McKenny that he beat?

How was the green running? It'll probably be heavy tonight anyway with the amount of water it's just had!

MSK
28-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Our club Champion, George Prentice, who won last night against Pilrig in the Scottish singles, plays with size 0-7's, A match for your size HH :thumbsup:Och ...come tae think o it ...its only a friendly ...:paranoid:......:take that.....:greengrin

MB62
28-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Was that game played at Seafield?

I think my dad had volunteered to mark it... was it Darren McKenny that he beat?

How was the green running? It'll probably be heavy tonight anyway with the amount of water it's just had!

It certainly was. Don't know the score but I know George won, and he will be skipping against you :hnet: lads, so yer in fer it :greengrin

MB62
28-05-2008, 02:48 PM
:
Och ...come tae think o it ...its only a friendly ...:paranoid:......:take that.....:greengrin

Och i know, it's just a nice wee friendly (friendly my :asshole: we're up for it, i'll tell ye :greengrin)

Looking forward to it I must say. I thought you had more than 9 so I better stop inviting people until numbers are confirmed)

BTW Glasgowhibs is now also a member of the Northern so it will be up to who offers the best signing on fee for the day :wink:

MSK
28-05-2008, 03:04 PM
:

Och i know, it's just a nice wee friendly (friendly my :asshole: we're up for it, i'll tell ye :greengrin)

Looking forward to it I must say. I thought you had more than 9 so I better stop inviting people until numbers are confirmed)

BTW Glasgowhibs is now also a member of the Northern so it will be up to who offers the best signing on fee for the day :wink:Cannae wait ...:thumbsup:...9 is good though, we may be pushing it a bit for 3 rinks but trips just as good :agree:...i will wait till Tanfield gets back to me with the def 9 before we decide on who were gonna unleash ...sorry, how were gonna line up against you Northerners...:greengrin

As for GH..if he is in Tanfields 9 then he is a :hnet: er ...:greengrin

tanfield
29-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Cannae wait ...:thumbsup:...9 is good though, we may be pushing it a bit for 3 rinks but trips just as good :agree:...i will wait till Tanfield gets back to me with the def 9 before we decide on who were gonna unleash ...sorry, how were gonna line up against you Northerners...:greengrin

As for GH..if he is in Tanfields 9 then he is a :hnet: er ...:greengrin

We have first dibs on GH Mike. Strikes me as a sign of desperation on your part lad. A bit too much talking up going on for your team I feel:wink:

By the way is Wilson playing for you?

MB62
29-05-2008, 01:24 PM
We have first dibs on GH Mike. Strikes me as a sign of desperation on your part lad. A bit too much talking up going on for your team I feel:wink:

By the way is Wilson playing for you?

The Wilson fellae confirmed last night that he will be able to play for the (expected) victorious Northern boys that day :thumbsup:

MSK
29-05-2008, 02:40 PM
The Wilson fellae confirmed last night that he will be able to play for the (expected) victorious Northern boys that day :thumbsup:Ah ..yer a comedian aswell...:greengrin..btw hows yer green running Mike ..i was along the Jewel for an hour today but still giving it that extra yard ..this time last year it was flying !!!...:greengrin

MB62
29-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Ah ..yer a comedian aswell...:greengrin..btw hows yer green running Mike ..i was along the Jewel for an hour today but still giving it that extra yard ..this time last year it was flying !!!...:greengrin

very well Kenny. The lads in the 2nd XVI said it even played well last night, despite the weather. Our green is generally accepted as one of the best around and weather permitting, should be in excellent condition for our game :thumbsup:

MSK
29-05-2008, 04:09 PM
very well Kenny. The lads in the 2nd XVI said it even played well last night, despite the weather. Our green is generally accepted as one of the best around and weather permitting, should be in excellent condition for our game :thumbsup:Good stuff ...i hope it rains the night before then so it will run at that "slower" pace ...jeez i hate fast greens !!! :greengrin

tanfield
29-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Good stuff ...i hope it rains the night before then so it will run at that "slower" pace ...jeez i hate fast greens !!! :greengrin

Northern is always a treat to play on so looking forward to playing on a green where you know what you bowl is going to do.

Quite a strong team you are putting out Mike. Three 1st 16 skips (including yourself) by the looks of things. Will just make our victory that bit better:hnet::hnet::devil:

MB62
30-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Northern is always a treat to play on so looking forward to playing on a green where you know what you bowl is going to do.

Quite a strong team you are putting out Mike. Three 1st 16 skips (including yourself) by the looks of things. Will just make our victory that bit better:hnet::hnet::devil:

FOUR first XVI skips Andrew, Shuggie Hilson, unbeaten in the league as skip this season, is also down to play.

Easy, Easy, Easy.

'mon the Northern boys :thumbsup:

tanfield
30-05-2008, 01:01 PM
FOUR first XVI skips Andrew, Shuggie Hilson, unbeaten in the league as skip this season, is also down to play.

Easy, Easy, Easy.

'mon the Northern boys :thumbsup:

Good to see that this is just a fun game then:thumbsup:

I will have to start to cast my net:greengrin

MSK
31-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Good to see that this is just a fun game then:thumbsup:

I will have to start to cast my net:greengrinStill waiting on a reply from Dudleyhibee ...:I'm waiti

MB62
02-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Still waiting on a reply from Dudleyhibee ...:I'm waiti
Plenty Hibbies in the Dudley Kenny. Your only problem here is, naebody in Dudley can bowls :wink: :greengrin :duck:

MSK
02-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Plenty Hibbies in the Dudley Kenny. Your only problem here is, naebody in Dudley can bowls :wink: :greengrin :duck:There was one ....think he has vanished now he realises how serious this is getting ...:party:....:greengrin

MB62
02-06-2008, 08:01 AM
There was one ....think he has vanished now he realises how serious this is getting ...:party:....:greengrin

I know all the Dudley lads are T-Total too, so there's nae point in inviting them anyway :greengrin

MSK
02-06-2008, 08:07 AM
I know all the Dudley lads are T-Total too, so there's nae point in inviting them anyway :greengrinCannae be havin that noo ...:greengrin

ps ...Dudleyhibee is online now ...wonder if he will reply to his pm or perhaps this thread ...come on Dudley...ye know ye want to ...:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm out of the bowls, working away in Manchester :brickwall found out today :boo hoo:. Have PM'd tanfield.

MSK
05-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm out of the bowls, working away in Manchester :brickwall found out today :boo hoo:. Have PM'd tanfield.Oh dear ..unlucky mate ..hopefully next year ...:agree:

tanfield
08-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Right, less than 3 weeks to go and we have a team of 8 so far:

Happyhibbie, Myself, Barneybreslin, Fatstu, sg7nil, hibee_craig0762, dudleyhibee.

I also had a further scare when it was pointed out to me that the date of the game clashes with the internationals so we potentially had a real club v country row about to erupt:wink:

Fortunately however I am pleased to advise that our team has opted to play for the mighty :hnet::thumbsup:

sg7nil
08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Right, less than 3 weeks to go and we have a team of 8 so far:

Happyhibbie, Myself, Barneybreslin, Fatstu, sg7nil, hibee_craig0762, dudleyhibee.

I also had a further scare when it was pointed out to me that the date of the game clashes with the internationals so we potentially had a real club v country row about to erupt:wink:

Fortunately however I am pleased to advise that our team has opted to play for the mighty :hnet::thumbsup:

I hate to question your arithmetic, however I can see only 7 names in your post?

1. Happyhibbie, 2. Myself, 3. Barneybreslin, 4. Fatstu, 5. sg7nil, 6. hibee_craig0762, 7. dudleyhibee...... Where is number 8?

Will it be pairs possibly?

tanfield
09-06-2008, 06:55 AM
I hate to question your arithmetic, however I can see only 7 names in your post?

1. Happyhibbie, 2. Myself, 3. Barneybreslin, 4. Fatstu, 5. sg7nil, 6. hibee_craig0762, 7. dudleyhibee...... Where is number 8?

Will it be pairs possibly?

Many apologies to Luxjock!!!

Rumour is that we will get some .net guys from Northern.

MSK
09-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Many apologies to Luxjock!!!

Rumour is that we will get some .net guys from Northern.Well one :hnet: player from Northern would put us up to 3 triples ...im quite happy wi that :agree:

MB62
10-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Well one :hnet: player from Northern would put us up to 3 triples ...im quite happy wi that :agree:

Guys,

I was under the impression you already 'stole' one of our players in the shape of Glasgowhibs? (who apparently is now longer in the weeg)

MB62
17-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Having one or two problems getting my lads together for the big day, a couple of late ? withdrawals for various reasons. However, there are enough Hibbies at the Northern that I should get my three triples together ok.

sg7nil
17-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Is that a sound of breaking glass I can hear....

Bottles crashing?? :duck:

tanfield
17-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Aye, their bravado could only last so long until reality set in:hnet:

Triples will be fine Mike. We have 9 as well so 3 rinks of triples it is.

MB62
17-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Is that a sound of breaking glass I can hear....

Bottles crashing?? :duck:

Aye, their bravado could only last so long until reality set in:hnet:

Triples will be fine Mike. We have 9 as well so 3 rinks of triples it is.

Now that Andy has revealed his team, i'm quite confident my 2nd 9 will be good enough. :wink: :duck: :greengrin

MSK
17-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Now that Andy has revealed his team, i'm quite confident my 2nd 9 will be good enough. :wink: :duck: :greengrinThats no his team ...thats the order the rounds are being bought !!! :party:..:greengrin

tanfield
17-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Thats no his team ...thats the order the rounds are being bought !!! :party:..:greengrin

In that case kenny I think I will lead:devil::greengrin

MB62
20-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Right, that's the Northern Hibby team sorted, three triples ready to give the :hnet: a damn good thrashing.

Can I just confirm with you all that it will be a three bowl triple event, don't want anybody turning up with just two bowls then using that as an excuse after we hammer you :wink: :duck: :greengrin

Dress code is optional lads, as far as we are concerned.
Casual but smart would be the best way to describe our lads attitude.

This probably mean NO JEANS
Shorts are NOT ALLOWED on the green, neither are FOOTBALL TOPS, that's a defo NO, NO.

Personally, I will probably turn up with greys and maybe a white Hibs polo shirt (if it still fits :greengrin) or a Northern Polo shirt, just to give you an idea of what I mean.

Let's hope for good weather for a good days bowling and drinking :thumbsup:

MSK
20-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Right, that's the Northern Hibby team sorted, three triples ready to give the :hnet: a damn good thrashing.

Can I just confirm with you all that it will be a three bowl triple event, don't want anybody turning up with just two bowls then using that as an excuse after we hammer you :wink: :duck: :greengrin

Shorts are NOT ALLOWED on the green, neither are FOOTBALL TOPS, that's a defo NO, NO.

Personally, I will probably turn up with greys and maybe a white Hibs polo shirt (if it still fits :greengrin) or a Northern Polo shirt, just to give you an idea of what I mean.

Let's hope for good weather for a good days bowling and drinking :thumbsup:Excellent stuff...(apart from the very first bit..:grr:)...:greengrin

I will prob be wearing my Jewel Miners attire ..black trews..white shirt & depending on the weather my dark blue jersey with Jewel badge ....gotta promote the club somehow ...:greengrin

tanfield
20-06-2008, 09:48 PM

Let's hope for good weather for a good days bowling and drinking :thumbsup:

Happy with that Mike, dress code is fine.

Not had anymore calls offs so fingers crossed we should be with 3 triples.

tanfield
25-06-2008, 12:28 PM
For those concerned if things have gone a bit quiet, the game on Saturday is definitely on!:agree:

Come on the:hnet::greengrin

MSK
25-06-2008, 01:15 PM
For those concerned if things have gone a bit quiet, the game on Saturday is definitely on!:agree:

Come on the:hnet::greengrinSee you there ...:thumbsup:

MB62
26-06-2008, 07:14 AM
See you there ...:thumbsup:

Are you guys going to need a wee start, just to keep you interested, or will we just thrash you from level? :wink::take that:duck::greengrin

MSK
26-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Are you guys going to need a wwe start, just to keep you interested, or will we just thrash you from level? :wink::take that:duck::greengrinAye ..a pint o Tennents lager & a voddy & coke should be a good start for me ....dinna ken aboot the rest o the guys !! :party:...:greengrin

MB62
27-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Still a man short for the :hnet: team. Does anybody know of anyone who might want to play. You don't have to tell them that the Northern Hibees will hammer you, that might just put them off. :wink: :greengrin

tanfield
27-06-2008, 09:00 AM
I have a couple of tentative irons in the fire so to speak. Just found out last night that oneivansproule is a bowler so have invited him along and am waiting for someone else to get back to me this afternoon.

Don't worry too much about the result Mike. :grr:

MB62
27-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I have a couple of tentative irons in the fire so to speak. Just found out last night that oneivansproule is a bowler so have invited him along and am waiting for someone else to get back to me this afternoon.

Don't worry too much about the result Mike. :grr:

So that will be ONE bowler amongst you lot then :duck::tin hat::greengrin

tanfield
27-06-2008, 11:58 AM
So that will be ONE bowler amongst you lot then :duck::tin hat::greengrin

Keep them coming Mike:blah::blah::greengrin:hnet:

Have failed in my attemps to lure oneivansproule to the event so still one down I'm afraid.

sg7nil
27-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll just bring 4 bowls in case it ends up as pairs then! :agree:

MSK
27-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I'll just bring 4 bowls in case it ends up as pairs then! :agree:Likewise..:agree:

MB62
27-06-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll just bring 4 bowls in case it ends up as pairs then! :agree:

Looks like you now have a team of 9 lads, thanks to the effort of Tanfield.

Just to remind you all, NAE HIBS OR ANY OTHER FOOTBALL TOPS are allowed on the green, hibs polo or T-shirts are fine if you want. Also NAE SHORTS of any description, and preferably NAE JEANS but this is just my own preference and is not a club rule.

Looking forward very much to the day, and meeting all my fellow :hnet: Lads and bowlers :thumbsup:

BTW, if you want to bring the four bowls, it might not do any harm, just in case of 'no shows' although I would be very disappointed if that was the case.
The weather is meant to be pretty reasonable tomorrow, possibly the odd light shower but nothing us bowlers cannae handle eh!

MSK
27-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Looks like you now have a team of 9 lads, thanks to the effort of Tanfield.

Just to remind you all, NAE HIBS OR ANY OTHER FOOTBALL TOPS are allowed on the green, hibs polo or T-shirts are fine if you want. Also NAE SHORTS of any description, and preferably NAE JEANS but this is just my own preference and is not a club rule.

Looking forward very much to the day, and meeting all my fellow :hnet: Lads and bowlers :thumbsup:

BTW, if you want to bring the four bowls, it might not do any harm, just in case of 'no shows' although I would be very disappointed if that was the case.
The weather is meant to be pretty reasonable tomorrow, possibly the odd light shower but nothing us bowlers cannae handle eh!Excellent stuff Mike...well done Andy aswell ..:thumbsup:

Really looking forward to this...im now off out tae get some practice ..Loanhead v Jewel .....:thumbsup:

See you all the morn ..

sg7nil
28-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Enjoyable day was had by all (despite the result - which was very close and hinged on one delivery!:brickwall).. it was nice to see how much Burnsie07 resembled Benny Brazil in his avatar... obviously picked deliberately!:wink:

Thanks for a nice day lads.. hopefully this won't be the last outing!:agree:

MSK
28-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Enjoyable day was had by all (despite the result - which was very close and hinged on one delivery!:brickwall).. it was nice to see how much Burnsie07 resembled Benny Brazil in his avatar... obviously picked deliberately!:wink:

Thanks for a nice day lads.. hopefully this won't be the last outing!:agree:Cheers Stu ..im gutted at that last end ...:boo hoo:

Revenge is a must ...:thumbsup:

Ps ..ive said a few words on the stickied thread ...:greengrin

MB62
30-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Thanks for a nice day lads.. hopefully this won't be the last outing!:agree:

Stu, yer no as daft as ye look mate. I could tell you a wee story about that too, but suffice to say you are correct in your assumption :wink: :greengrin

Talking to a lot of the Northern lads again yesterday and they all enjoyed themselves too and are very much up for giving you :hnet: mugs another hammering next year :thumbsup:

Hopefully we can generate more interest from here as I could probably get another half dozen or so that would be interested in playing.

MSK
30-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Stu, yer no as daft as ye look mate. I could tell you a wee story about that too, but suffice to say you are correct in your assumption :wink: :greengrin

Talking to a lot of the Northern lads again yesterday and they all enjoyed themselves too and are very much up for giving you :hnet: mugs another hammering next year :thumbsup:

Hopefully we can generate more interest from here as I could probably get another half dozen or so that would be interested in playing.Oi ..:tsk tsk:....ye were on yer ain patch ...ye knew how that green ran ....hopefully next year it is running the same way on the same pins ...im gonna nail that friggin back hand ...(im a left hander)...:grr:.....:greengrin