PDA

View Full Version : Grand National

LustForLeith
31-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Once told me dad I had a tip for the Grand national. He said that was funny becasue he had a tip for the lottery numbers that night...

On that note, I fancy Simon to do well this year. Thats my tip, will be posting my dads tip for the lottery numbers later!

Whats everyone else thinking?

Mikey_1875
31-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Comply or Die to win

Point Barrow for each way.

:thumbsup:

Cod Boy
31-03-2008, 12:26 PM
a horse will win

andrew70
31-03-2008, 03:02 PM
I am going to the National and I fancy Comply or Die to go well however the national is anyones race with such a big field. Its a great day though!

LustForLeith
31-03-2008, 08:14 PM
a horse will win

Ah ha, nice answer, although anyone remember when Esha Ness 'won' the Grand National (same year we played Aberdeen at Tynie in the Semi of the Scottish Cup). Basicaly it was deemed to have a false start and only a handful of horses actually went but becasue it was such a farce they declared it a non race, much to the annoance of Esha Ness that won it.

Funnier still there was a competition in Ireland and you had to complete a slip saying who you'd think would iwn it. All those taht won put put in a aht and a winner randomly selected. Thign is, someone in Irelnad put there name and address but didn't actually put a name of a horse to win so they were the only winners and took the prize money.

So a horse didn't win that year and someone won becasue of this!

NaeTechnoHibby
31-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Ah ha, nice answer, although anyone remember when Esha Ness 'won' the Grand National (same year we played Aberdeen at Tynie in the Semi of the Scottish Cup). Basicaly it was deemed to have a false start and only a handful of horses actually went but becasue it was such a farce they declared it a non race, much to the annoance of Esha Ness that won it.

Funnier still there was a competition in Ireland and you had to complete a slip saying who you'd think would iwn it. All those taht won put put in a aht and a winner randomly selected. Thign is, someone in Irelnad put there name and address but didn't actually put a name of a horse to win so they were the only winners and took the prize money.

So a horse didn't win that year and someone won becasue of this!

1993, I can remember coming out of Tynie gutted and heard some folk talking about the GN being cancelled because of protesters or something :agree:

Your right though, it was a false start and because of the noise many didnae hear it.

super sauzee!!!
04-04-2008, 12:11 AM
I've got Simon,Point Barrow and King Johns Castle all antepost at bigger prices than they are now. Thats not even half the battle in this race though and anything can win but Simon is my biggest bet out of the 3 of them so hope he does the business.
Was down at Aintree today for the opening day, 1st time I've been to the course and it's a really good day out.Not very profitable though due to lumping on Kauto at 4/6 :boo hoo:

wee hay
04-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I think simon will win the national a seen him at 12/1 in the paper what is simon at ladbrokes:confused::confused:

LustForLeith
04-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I think simon will win the national a seen him at 12/1 in the paper what is simon at ladbrokes:confused::confused:

12's in Willy Hills

ChooseLife
04-04-2008, 02:33 PM
L'ami to win!, I picked him out the hat at work:greengrin

Can anyone tell me if I have a chance or is this some slow donkey?
Last year my horse came in at 2nd place, got £40 quid:greengrin a couple miliseconds faster and I wouldve had £100.

Ally
04-04-2008, 06:23 PM
L'ami to win!, I picked him out the hat at work:greengrin

Can anyone tell me if I have a chance or is this some slow donkey?
Last year my horse came in at 2nd place, got £40 quid:greengrin a couple miliseconds faster and I wouldve had £100.

3 years without a win. 33/1.