PDA

View Full Version : arthur v guzman

bingo70
27-03-2008, 06:58 PM
not a huge boxing fan but enjoy watching the big fights so was thinking about getting tickets for the upcoming alex arthur fight. What are peoples thoughts, how good is Guzman and does arthur have a chance? Tickets arent cheap so no sure if i want to go if alex is bound to get knocked out early doors.

also is there any good fights on the undercard?

Hank Schrader
27-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I think the clever money is on a Guzman win here. As much as I would love Alex to win the WBO belt outright, its going to be one tough night if he is going to do so. My brothers, who know a lot more about Boxing than I do, both reckon Arthur will get knocked out. Who knows, Alex hits very hard and could easily catch the champion cold.

No idea what the undercard is yet mate. Will keep an eye out for you.

Mikey_1875
27-03-2008, 10:35 PM
What are the prices for this, would think it'd be £40 ish but since it's a big one thinking it could be more?

bingo70
27-03-2008, 10:40 PM
What are the prices for this, would think it'd be £40 ish but since it's a big one thinking it could be more?

prices vary from £40 up to £170.

my mate has been phoning the number on arthurs website trying to buy tickets but keeps getting various members of his family answering the phone saying theyve no arrived from london yet, surely its no normal to be phoning the boxers house to buy tickets for a world title fight :confused:

Mikey_1875
27-03-2008, 10:59 PM
prices vary from £40 up to £170.

my mate has been phoning the number on arthurs website trying to buy tickets but keeps getting various members of his family answering the phone saying theyve no arrived from london yet, surely its no normal to be phoning the boxers house to buy tickets for a world title fight :confused:

Hopefully the £40-£50 don't sell out quickly then. Yeah that's very strange, surely it would be dealt with by some company not his family, never ordered boxing tickets before always been someone else so don't know if that is the norm or what. :confused:

Toaods
28-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Alex Arthur's dad regularly sells tickets for the fights. Great support for his lad...:agree:.

I will defo be there, expecting a great nights entertainment - no chance I'll be paying top dollar though, although there will be value for money fights wise - it's not just about the one fight, Kenny Anderson was impressive last time out once he started throwing the bombs in.

If you enjoy the boxing but have never been- make the jump and take yourself along - you'll love it.

I reckon there'll be a fair few from on here going along...Hibs.net section..?? :greengrin

capitals_finest
28-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Alex Arthur's dad regularly sells tickets for the fights. Great support for his lad...:agree:.

I will defo be there, expecting a great nights entertainment - no chance I'll be paying top dollar though, although there will be value for money fights wise - it's not just about the one fight, Kenny Anderson was impressive last time out once he started throwing the bombs in.

If you enjoy the boxing but have never been- make the jump and take yourself along - you'll love it.

I reckon there'll be a fair few from on here going along...Hibs.net section..?? :greengrin

I m probably going so :thumbsup:

LustForLeith
28-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Heard a good wee couple of rumours...

Michael Gomez is fighint at the SECC tomorrow for Barry Hughes night of boxing thingy. I think he's also on the undercard for the Arthur fight. However, if Guzman doesn't turn up (good chance he won't) Gomez will step in for a rematch against Arthur.

Also heard that Scott Harrison is trying like a trying thing to get his lincense back and if succesful he's got a couple of fights lined up. Apparently he's in good shape and he'll take care of these fighters quite easily. And when he does he's got an opponent lined up for late summer.

Alex Arthur at Edinburgh Castle...

(Don't shoot the messanger)

Mikey_1875
28-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Heard a good wee couple of rumours...

Michael Gomez is fighint at the SECC tomorrow for Barry Hughes night of boxing thingy. I think he's also on the undercard for the Arthur fight. However, if Guzman doesn't turn up (good chance he won't) Gomez will step in for a rematch against Arthur.

Also heard that Scott Harrison is trying like a trying thing to get his lincense back and if succesful he's got a couple of fights lined up. Apparently he's in good shape and he'll take care of these fighters quite easily. And when he does he's got an opponent lined up for late summer.

Alex Arthur at Edinburgh Castle...

(Don't shoot the messanger)

So instead of going too Arthur vs Guzman we'el be seeing Arthur vs Gomez (again)?.

It will be very good if the Harrison vs Arthur rumour is true though.

LustForLeith
28-03-2008, 08:32 PM
So instead of going too Arthur vs Guzman we'el be seeing Arthur vs Gomez (again)?.

It will be very good if the Harrison vs Arthur rumour is true though.

Just a rumour jusst now but if Guzman doesn't turn up (and he's a notorius travler apparently) then can see it happening.

Arthur V Harrison at the castle would be excellent

Toaods
29-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I think Guzman will show........after Foster put Alex through the ropes and nearly had him, Guzman will think he is good enough to come through the bout.