PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania XXIV

Steve-O
27-03-2008, 01:14 PM
The time has almost arrived people and Mania is almost upon us!

The good news for me is that the sports bar here in Wellington is showing it live on the big screens on Monday!!! Watching mania in the boozer, it can't get much better than that! :thumbsup:

RoslinInstHibby
27-03-2008, 01:40 PM

The good news for me is that the sports bar here in Wellington is showing it live on the big screens on Monday!!! Watching mania in the boozer, it can't get much better than that! :thumbsup:

got it set to be sky +'d in HD and a fridge full of lager to watch it on Monday night. cannae wait!

HHH to win
Undertaker to win
HBK to win
Big Show to win
jericho to win

Hibbie_Cameron
27-03-2008, 02:24 PM

Hope you enjoy it mate.

Must be honest though, the lead up to this years event has been the worst for years. Last year i could not wait for mania but this year has just been substandard.

HHH-Orton-Cena lead up has been decent but no more than that.
Show v Mayweather will be a train wreck
Taker v Edge, lead up has been the same old pish we get every year for taker matches.

Probably the best lead ups have been Finlay/JBL and Flair/HBK.

Flair's retirement is the only thing making me purchase the event right now, will be special

RoslinInstHibby
27-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Hope you enjoy it mate.

Must be honest though, the lead up to this years event has been the worst for years. Last year i could not wait for mania but this year has just been substandard.

HHH-Orton-Cena lead up has been decent but no more than that.
Show v Mayweather will be a train wreck
Taker v Edge, lead up has been the same old pish we get every year for taker matches.

Probably the best lead ups have been Finlay/JBL and Flair/HBK.

Flair's retirement is the only thing making me purchase the event right now, will be special

i agree that the build up has not been the usual standard but looking at the matches it should be a great ppv. drop the diva match and pretty much every other match could be great.:agree:

thekaratekid
29-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I have the day off on Monday :nerd:

The card looks decent enough. I take less interest in Raw and Smackdown these days and just watch the big PPV's. Wrestlemania is always the best of the year.

Lebron James
29-03-2008, 08:21 PM
www.live-wweshows.com saves £15

shamo9
29-03-2008, 10:12 PM
i agree that the build up has not been the usual standard but looking at the matches it should be a great ppv. drop the diva match and pretty much every other match could be great.:agree:

The build up for Orton-Hardy owns anything on this card

the_ginger_hibee
29-03-2008, 11:42 PM
The build up for Orton-Hardy owns anything on this card

Coming from a total Hardy mark that doesn't mean a lot :greengrin

But yeah apart from Flair/HBK there isn't too much I'm looking forward to. Money in the bank would have been good had Hardy not got suspended. I'm quite curious about the Big Show/Mayweather match, but its got all the potential to be a car crash:agree:

shamo9
29-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Coming from a total Hardy mark that doesn't mean a lot :greengrin

But yeah apart from Flair/HBK there isn't too much I'm looking forward to. Money in the bank would have been good had Hardy not got suspended. I'm quite curious about the Big Show/Mayweather match, but its got all the potential to be a car crash:agree:

When Triple H won the elimination chamber, the crowd died...Don't even get me started on Cena.

Come on Randal Orton:wink:

the_ginger_hibee
30-03-2008, 12:11 AM
When Triple H won the elimination chamber, the crowd died...Don't even get me started on Cena.

Yeah the Orton/Hardy and the Elimination Chamber I was shouting for old Jeffy, was quite dissapointed about the Elimination Chamber because for some stupid reason (HHH ,doing the boss's daughter, was always going to main event WM) I believed he had a chance at the win.

Dont get me started on Cena lol..... I couldn't care about the main event at mania, as long as Cena gets injured. Sounds harsh but he's only there to please the kiddies and the screaming girls. Sums up everything wrong with the WWE and why its doing so poorly in mainstream entertainment. CUCK FENA. :greengrin

Oh Hall of fame starting soon, you can watch it on WWE.com but it wont show Flair or The Rock's speech :brickwall still worth a watch
http://media.wwe.com/wwelive/press_conference_300.wvx

TamHibs
30-03-2008, 11:33 PM
www.live-wweshows.com (http://www.live-wweshows.com) saves £15

is this working for any1?

Calvin
30-03-2008, 11:35 PM
I detest wrestling but as a big boxing fan I really want to see Floyd v Big Show.

Hibbie_Cameron
30-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Much better than expected so far

CallumLaidlaw
31-03-2008, 01:25 AM
I think it's been excellent so far. The money in the bank was tremendous!! Findlay v JBL was a pure slugfest - HBK v Flair was tremendous also. Triple threat just about to start. Should be excellent.

And its always good to see Santino get a smack in the puss

And Kelly Kelly :drool:

the_ginger_hibee
31-03-2008, 03:03 AM
What a PPV best in a long time. Suprised at Orton though but great event anyhoo. Mon the Snoop Dogg. Shizzle Ma Pizzle :greengrin

thekaratekid
31-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Michaels took some bump on that table :bitchy:

the_ginger_hibee
31-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Michaels took some bump on that table :bitchy:

Yeah, didnt think he'd make it through going over Flair, but he did. Great show, best WM since 2000 or 2001

thekaratekid
31-03-2008, 03:15 AM
Yeah, didnt think he'd make it through going over Flair, but he did. Great show, best WM since 2000 or 2001

Agreed

And no Vince McMahon in sight. Which was rather refreshing.

He was probably in the back trying to sort the lights :greengrin

Hibbie_Cameron
31-03-2008, 01:52 PM
HBK had defo broke ribs, he looked sick as hell. Only 3 things disappointed me last night:

1) Flair shoulda been given more time in the ring at the end instead of giving the womens match 15 minutes entrances. After Flairs match i was not really bothered as such about the rest of the show but still enjoyed it. The best thign about the Divas match was when the lights went off

2) Get Cole and Coach to hell, they are utterly awful and spoiled a good match between Taker and Edge, with their constant squeeling and repatition of the same two lines.

3) Show v Mayweather was better than i thought but spoiled by Mayweathers lack of selling moves

shamo9
31-03-2008, 05:00 PM

YES:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibbie_Cameron
31-03-2008, 11:08 PM
RAW tonight will have a 4 Horseman reunion, the first time the original group (Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and J.J Dillon) have been in the same ring since 1988

Steve-O
01-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Overall it was a decent event I thought -

1) Finlay - JBL was a good match, some stiff work was going on there! And Finlay jumping through the ropes was pretty incredible!
2) Money in the Bank - pretty good stuff. Only thing I would say is that while I am happy CM Punk won it, I was disappointed that he didn't actually do that much in the match IIRC?
3) Batista - Umaga - I took a toilet break at this point!
4) Flair - Michaels - Quality match, a crazy bump from HBK. Emotional stuff. Flair should have stayed longer at the end I reckon, although copying the end of Rocky Balboa was a decent way to go about it!
5) Divas - as usual the match was gash but Snoop Dogg was quite funny, and quite an amazing clothesline as well!!
6) Triple Threat - biggest disappointment for me. Too short, hardly any big spots and one of the poorer triple threat matches I have seen.
7) Mayweather - Big Show - disappointed Mayweather didn't take a chokeslam, but surprised the match went as well as it did. Kudos to Big Show for taking a sair yin with the brass knucks to finish him off!!
8) Edge - Taker - had reservations about this being the main event, but turned out a fairly decent match and the pub I was in had major 'pops' going on at all the false finishes. Would have preferred Edge to win though.

Overall about a 7/10 for me but still nothing can defeat Wrestlemania 17 in my book :no way:

shamo9
03-04-2008, 02:26 PM
oh this is a tough pill for me to swallow.

JEFF'S PLANS SPOILED

It was reported earlier this week that the original plans for the MITB ladder match were for Jeff Hardy to win the match and cash in his title opportunity later in the night to defeat Randy Orton for the WWE Championship. The triple threat match for the WWE Championship would have been a lot more brutal so that Orton didn't come off looking weak. The plan was for Jeff Hardy to hold the title up until Vengeance so that he could drop it to either Orton, John Cena or Triple H so that a major WWE Championship match with two of those three superstars could occur at SummerSlam.

Source: PWC

danhibees1875
03-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Can anyone give me the jist of how the big show vs mayweather fight went?

cheers, :thumbsup:

MyJo
03-04-2008, 03:55 PM
oh this is a tough pill for me to swallow.

JEFF'S PLANS SPOILED

It was reported earlier this week that the original plans for the MITB ladder match were for Jeff Hardy to win the match and cash in his title opportunity later in the night to defeat Randy Orton for the WWE Championship. The triple threat match for the WWE Championship would have been a lot more brutal so that Orton didn't come off looking weak. The plan was for Jeff Hardy to hold the title up until Vengeance so that he could drop it to either Orton, John Cena or Triple H so that a major WWE Championship match with two of those three superstars could occur at SummerSlam.

Source: PWC

Sounds plausible and probably the reason why the triple threat match was not scheduled as the main event.

I imagine the return of Matt Hardy would have been planned as an attack on Orton to assist Jeff lifting the title rather than just interfering with the MITB match.

thekaratekid
03-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Jeff Hardy has only himself to blame IMO

Big crowd pops for him forced WWE to seriously consider giving him a decent feud and a title belt.

But he went and ******ed that up all by himself.

Apparently they wanted the Edge/Taker match on last as that belt was actually changing hands.

shamo9
03-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Jeff Hardy has only himself to blame IMO

Big crowd pops for him forced WWE to seriously consider giving him a decent feud and a title belt.

But he went and ******ed that up all by himself.

Apparently they wanted the Edge/Taker match on last as that belt was actually changing hands.

The simple explanation is that a heel won in the raw match. For the last two years a face Cena has retained, WWE where afraid to let a heel win end wrestlemania. Yes, I know it's happened before but now the product is directed at children to a greater extent than before.

thekaratekid
03-04-2008, 05:09 PM
The simple explanation is that a heel won in the raw match. For the last two years a face Cena has retained, WWE where afraid to let a heel win end wrestlemania. Yes, I know it's happened before but now the product is directed at children to a greater extent than before.

To an extent.....

But a belt changing hands is more exciting than someone retaining.

shamo9
03-04-2008, 05:23 PM
To an extent.....

But a belt changing hands is more exciting than someone retaining.

Why did they ignore this at the previous two Wrestlemania's then?:wink:

sleeping giant
03-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I ended up paying the £14.95 on Tuesday for the boy to watch it on sky.
Must say , thought it was brill :agree:
Choking back the tears for Flair was i.
Did you see him burst into tears as soon as he was pinned:boo hoo:

Liked the Big show match too. Not believing they were real brass nuckles though:greengrin

thekaratekid
03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Why did they ignore this at the previous two Wrestlemania's then?:wink:

cos :greengrin

HBK's bump (bout 5m48s in)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zr396JXeHNo

joe_hfc
04-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Can anyone give me the jist of how the big show vs mayweather fight went?

don't give a ***** about wrestling but wanted to see that just for mayweather fightin the bigshow:greengrin

http://www.bebo.com/josepi-V

watch my bebo vid for it mate

capitals_finest
04-04-2008, 12:14 AM
HBK V flair was the highlight:agree:

danhibees1875
06-04-2008, 12:08 AM
don't give a ***** about wrestling but wanted to see that just for mayweather fightin the bigshow:greengrin

http://www.bebo.com/josepi-V

watch my bebo vid for it mate

nishtelrooy
06-04-2008, 03:07 AM
John Cena is one of the reasons I stopped watching wrestling. The guy is boring and cant wrestle. Wrestlings not what it used to be during the attitude stage. Rock Stone Cold Mankind etc it was brilliant. Its to predictable now. i would have liked them to have kept guys like Kurt Angle , sabu , sandman etc. Am I the only only one who predicted that Cena wasn't gonna be out for as long as they made it out to be?