PDA

View Full Version : Cricket: New Zealand v England

forthhibby
21-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Sky Sports now, england on the ropes at 4 - 3, unfortunately they have now recovered to 7 - 3 :greengrin:greengrin

Hank Schrader
21-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Sky Sports now, england on the ropes at 4 - 3, unfortunately they have now recovered to 7 - 3 :greengrin:greengrin

Looked like a football score there for a while:greengrin

Southee looks the bees knees by the way:agree:

DaveF
25-03-2008, 07:49 AM
New Zealand are guff.

Having had England by the knackers early on, they have proceeded to chuck it away after being 103-1 in reply to England's poor 1st innings total.

They just can't bat and with Fleming now retired they really will struggle you'd think.

Mibbes Aye
25-03-2008, 12:48 PM
New Zealand are guff.

Having had England by the knackers early on, they have proceeded to chuck it away after being 103-1 in reply to England's poor 1st innings total.

They just can't bat and with Fleming now retired they really will struggle you'd think.

:agree: A team in disarray losing players to retirement and the IPL.

They've still punched well above their weight in recent years though (isn't their population smaller than Scotland or am I just making that up?)

England should have won all three tests but there is no consistency from their batsmen and better teams will punish them for it.

DaveF
25-03-2008, 12:53 PM
They've still punched well above their weight in recent years though (isn't their population smaller than Scotland or am I just making that up?)

Just over 4 million according to the page I just looked at.

About 5x that number of sheep too :greengrin

Their lack of recent test match action (something like 2 tests in 18 months prior to this series) is an indicator of the current lack of depth in their squad for the long game format IMO.