PDA

View Full Version : Ice Hockey

Cadger
21-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi there,

Thinking about going to see the Edinburgh Capitals on Sunday, is there any info i should know before going?

Cheers

Pheona
21-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi there,

Thinking about going to see the Edinburgh Capitals on Sunday, is there any info i should know before going?

Cheers

Um... it is the last game of the season, it could well be the decider as to who gets the last play off place us or Basingstoke. Basingstoke are away to Coventry on Sat (who have already won the league) and we are away to Sheffield (who are 2nd). All that separates us and Basingstoke at the moment is wins in regulation time.

So it could be all over by Sunday or it could be rather fraught, but a great atmosphere.

You should have said earlier that you wanted to go because I still have some 50% tickets for the game.

Cadger
21-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Ive been intrested in ice hockey for a few months now, wanted to go and see the local team play will it be really busy?

doh i should of said earlier!! :brickwall

Cheers

Cadger
21-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Forgot to add, which number of bus goes down there from princess street?

Pheona
21-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Ive been intrested in ice hockey for a few months now, wanted to go and see the local team play will it be really busy?

doh i should of said earlier!! :brickwall

Cheers

where are you can mebbe make a plan.

Forgot to add, which number of bus goes down there from princess street?

31, 26, 12

Cadger
21-03-2008, 08:12 PM
I'll be in Penicuik and making our way from there (me and the mrs) on sunday via the bus (cheers for the numbers) prolly will be at the ice rink early just incase ;)

Thanks!

PC Stamp
21-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Unless the Capitals beat Sheffield tomorrow & Basingstoke lose to Coventry then Sunday will be the biggest game at Murrayfield since the glory days of the racers! Winner takes all for the final play off place.

But don't wear a Vancouver Canucks top or people will laugh at you :wink:

KdyHby
21-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I'll be in Penicuik and making our way from there (me and the mrs) on sunday via the bus (cheers for the numbers) prolly will be at the ice rink early just incase ;)Thanks!

Ticket office opens at 5, but the rink capacity is just under 4k, and they've not reached that since the old Racers days. Here's hoping we have one hell of a night and qualify for the play-offs. There's a disco on in the bar post match.

edited to add, tickets can be pre booked, but it's not necessary: http://edinburgh-capitals.com/sections/columns/chapters/detail.php?id=179

KdyHby
22-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Well done Caps on qualifying for the play-offs, tomorrow night is going to be some party :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pheona
22-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Well done Caps on qualifying for the play-offs, tomorrow night is going to be some party :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Heard JF saved a penalty shot!!! :thumbsup:

:partyhibb

PC Stamp
22-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Heard JF saved a penalty shot!!! :thumbsup:

:partyhibb

He serpently did. And we finally score I believe on a 5 on 3 powerplay!

Tomorrow should be a great atmosphere. :greengrin

GhostofBolivar
23-03-2008, 12:48 AM
where are you can mebbe make a plan.

31, 26, 12

The 100 Airport bus as well.

KdyHby
23-03-2008, 09:07 AM
The 100 Airport bus as well.

But make sure you get off at the stop immediately after Roseburn or else you have a long hike

Pheona
23-03-2008, 10:58 AM
He serpently did. And we finally score I believe on a 5 on 3 powerplay!

Tomorrow should be a great atmosphere. :greengrin

We did! :agree: :greengrin

You on the mike again tonight?

Billy
23-03-2008, 10:18 PM
11-7 win tonight for the Caps.

PC Stamp
23-03-2008, 11:39 PM
We did! :agree: :greengrin

You on the mike again tonight?

Didn't see your post earlier Chilli but as you saw, I was. Great game for the fans who love lots of goals. Nightmare for the scorer and I! :greengrin

11-7 win tonight for the Caps.

Goalkeepers well on top! :faf:

Pheona
24-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Didn't see your post earlier Chilli but as you saw, I was. Great game for the fans who love lots of goals. Nightmare for the scorer and I! :greengrin

Goalkeepers well on top! :faf:

Grand job again

I thought the game was a wee bit flat, but I suppose that was to be expected.

PC Stamp
24-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Grand job again

I thought the game was a wee bit flat, but I suppose that was to be expected.

Yeah it was a bit flat but I suppose it provided an opportunity to blood some youngsters.

Was quite annoyed with them at the end. At the end of period 2 they gave me a list with all the awards etc in the order they were to be presented (and by whom). Then as I'm announcing them they suddenly decide to tell me they've changed the order!!!

Had they done so earlier it might have been less chaotic. Either that or they should have just gone with the origoinal plan!! :bitchy:

KdyHby
27-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Good luck to the Caps this weekend in the play-off quarter finals against Coventry. If you've fancied going to see a match, but never made it along to one, come to Murrayfield this Saturday for the 6pm face-off:thumbsup:

(here's hoping I get back from Mwell in time :yikes!:)

Pheona
27-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Good luck to the Caps this weekend in the play-off quarter finals against Coventry. If you've fancied going to see a match, but never made it along to one, come to Murrayfield this Saturday for the 6pm face-off:thumbsup:

(here's hoping I get back from Mwell in time :yikes!:)

:agree: What he said.

:worried:

Blaze will be without Neal Martin.