PDA

View Full Version : Well done Scotland (NHC)

HibeeMG
08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
15-9 over England. :thumbsup:

3rd time since 1990.

jakedance
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Great result and performance.

Hibs On Tour
08-03-2008, 05:19 PM

3rd time since 1990.

3 times in 18 years and you're cheering that? Hardly a cause for wild celebration is it? That said, in its own right it has undoubtedly been a good victory, but stats like that do nothing to enhance it IMO.

cleanyman
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Well ,second win in three years, ill take that. Was a really good performance by Scotland but i still think we are mince, the game next week against Italy might put gloss on a poor campaign.

cabbageandribs1875
08-03-2008, 05:30 PM
3 times in 18 years and you're cheering that? Hardly a cause for wild celebration is it? That said, in its own right it has undoubtedly been a good victory, but stats like that do nothing to enhance it IMO....

a nation of 5mill that has a very small call-up for rugby players, against a nation with approx 57mill :bye:

too freaking right i'm ecstatic :agree: WELL DONE SCONNIE BOTLAND YA DANCER YI
:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag results like this dont come around very often :cool2: enjoy the moment :cool:

Hibs On Tour
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Well ,second win in three years, ill take that. Was a really good performance by Scotland but i still think we are mince, the game next week against Italy might put gloss on a poor campaign.

Now see, that's how you emphasise something! :thumbsup:

HibeeMG
08-03-2008, 05:35 PM
3 times in 18 years and you're cheering that? Hardly a cause for wild celebration is it? That said, in its own right it has undoubtedly been a good victory, but stats like that do nothing to enhance it IMO.

B'Jesus! No pleasing some folk.

The stat put it into context. England have been lightyears ahead of us and still are in terms of professionalism and this makes the win all the more remarkable. So yes it does enhance it IMO.

Yes we're mince. Today we were fantastic. Let's just celebrate that.

Storar
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM

Can't agree with that. I'll be partying like its 1999 if we win the Scottish Cup for the first time in 107 years

hibee_nation
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM

Yes :partyhibb

Golden Bear
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
A fantastic win for Scotland. It was a real David v Goliath battle so congratulations to the Scottish team and to hell with the statistics!

:thumbsup:

cleanyman
08-03-2008, 05:47 PM
B'Jesus! No pleasing some folk.

The stat put it into context. England have been lightyears ahead of us and still are in terms of professionalism and this makes the win all the more remarkable. So yes it does enhance it IMO.

Yes we're mince. Today we were fantastic. Let's just celebrate that.

I am celebrating that, im delighted. I dont know how much rugby youve watched but Scotland really quite average. We have to start scoring tries and not relying on Chris Paterson all the time.

Cincinnatus
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I thought we'd get gubbed - weah hey:thumbsup::greengrin

HibeeMG
08-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I am celebrating that, im delighted. I dont know how much rugby youve watched but Scotland really quite average. We have to start scoring tries and not relying on Chris Paterson all the time.

I watch quite a bit of rugby. Scotland played to their strengths today. Instead of trying to break-down a very big England defence to score a much lauded try they made sure they were in the English faces for the whole 80 minutes and were exremely disciplined. By doing this they waited on the English to make the mistakes that Paterson and Parks could capitalise on.

It's a bit like us winning the SC with a spawny 1-0 win using long-ball tactics. Would any of us mind?

fergal7
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM

Why not? England have been relying on Jonny Wilkinson for years.

cleanyman
08-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Why not? England have been relying on Jonny Wilkinson for years.

Scotland dont score a lot of points but we won today, thats the main thing. But when we are losing we dont have the quality to create some magic. Hence why we comfortably lost to France, Ireland and Wales.

HibeeEmma
08-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I thought we'd get gubbed - weah hey:thumbsup::greengrin

Same with me. Great to see it :thumbsup:

stu in nottingham
08-03-2008, 07:27 PM
The way that Scotland stuck to the job today filled me with admiration. After three successive defeats it took guts to come back and get a result against England.

Enjoy the victory - it was well-earned.

Well done lads.

woodythehibee
08-03-2008, 07:32 PM
great performance!!

how good was the national anthem? with the scotland flag covering the east stand. was amazing!

on another note, how sore was that "assault" on Lamont. very painful!

heretoday
08-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Always the same with England when they think all they have to do is turn up to win! What a struggle it was. Not a try in sight but a great match nonetheless and Scots commentators which was refreshing.

Liberton Hibby
08-03-2008, 08:27 PM
What a result :thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
08-03-2008, 08:57 PM

3rd time since 1990.

It's at times like these that make living down here worthwhile:thumbsup:

Hows it going Mark, missing Bolton yet?:wink:

The Harp Awakes
08-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Don't really like rugby, but have to say I thought the Scots team and supporters were amazing today. Total grit and determination from the players and passion from the fans. The rendition of Flower of Scotland mid-way through the 2nd hald was something special:not worth

ScapeGoat
08-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Well done Scotland, the only problem is
[sweeping generalisation not backed up by stats alert]
in recent times from memory when Scotland and Hibs play on a weekend its very rare that both win

So for that I'm a bit anxious now...

bingo70
08-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Well done Scotland, the only problem is
[sweeping generalisation not backed up by stats alert]
in recent times from memory when Scotland and Hibs play on a weekend its very rare that both win

So for that I'm a bit anxious now...

last time scotland beat england we horsed falkirk in the cup away from home :agree:

Denverhibby
08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
I was there todayThe fans were great getting behing the team from start to finish.ESp when English fans started with swing low we woud drown them out.I still got some voice to cheer on the hibs tommorrow.:thumbsup:.The rendition was the best I have heard in a long time

Don't really like rugby, but have to say I thought the Scots team and supporters were amazing today. Total grit and determination from the players and passion from the fans. The rendition of Flower of Scotland mid-way through the 2nd hald was something special:not worth

NYHibby
14-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Anyone know where I can find pictures from the game with a descent resolution? I can only find pretty small ones.