PDA

View Full Version : this weekends six nations

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2008, 04:53 PM
wales clobber italy 47-8

ireland v scotland coming up

easy 34-13 for the oirish, time for hadden to fix up a friendly game with some under 10's team and get some points on the board :agree:

france v engerlund

24-13 for engerlund, must admit they are solid in defence but by christ are they the most boring team tae watch :bitchy: but they will still win at murrayfield in 2 weeks time no probs :agree::boo hoo:

AndyP
23-02-2008, 10:02 PM
wales clobber italy 47-8

ireland v scotland coming up

easy 34-13 for the oirish, time for hadden to fix up a friendly game with some under 10's team and get some points on the board :agree:

france v engerlund

24-13 for engerlund, must admit they are solid in defence but by christ are they the most boring team tae watch :bitchy: but they will still win at murrayfield in 2 weeks time no probs :agree::boo hoo:

Take the tartan specs of for a second, defensively England are a very good team, they have backs that can make game changing decisions be it Vainikolo (sp), Noon, Flood, Tait, Lewsey (if he ever gets picked again). Up front they have probably one of the best international prop forwards in Sherridan, they're second row is highly experienced and can live with ANY in world rugby.

Granted their tactics can be very forward orientated however there is always a counter tactic to negate this, France by discarding the old guard in the forwards have probably played into Englands hands, Betsen, Alunordiquay or Chabal could have shored up the scrum but the sacrifice of strength over mobility in the scrum cost France an undoubted Grand Slam tonight.

Taking nothing away from England Noons first half tackle that led to the first England try set the tone for the 80 minutes and France were never able to match the sheer physicality that is required to knock England of their stride. Add to it that Ashton kept the important partnerships together unless forced to change, ie back row and half backs made it easier for England to keep the momentum.

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Take the tartan specs of for a second,.

the tartan-tinted specs are WELL OFF trust me lol, i meant i think scotland haven't a hope of beating engerlund :boo hoo: but at least we finally managed to get a try, we really do seem to be totaly devoid of any imagination when we are up in the other teams 22, and our lack of discipline is incredible, summed up by nathan hines taking a swipe at the ireland player when we were literally inches away from the try line...giving away a penalty instead, absolutely incredible + totally amateurish :agree: here's hadden's thoughts http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/scottish/7261069.stm

and on a happier note, scotland A 67 oirland A 7 :greengrin

AndyP
24-02-2008, 08:44 AM
the tartan-tinted specs are WELL OFF trust me lol, i meant i think scotland haven't a hope of beating engerlund :boo hoo: but at least we finally managed to get a try, we really do seem to be totaly devoid of any imagination when we are up in the other teams 22, and our lack of discipline is incredible, summed up by nathan hines taking a swipe at the ireland player when we were literally inches away from the try line...giving away a penalty instead, absolutely incredible + totally amateurish :agree: here's hadden's thoughts http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/scottish/7261069.stm

and on a happier note, scotland A 67 oirland A 7 :greengrin

My apologies, that should have read TAKING the tartan specs off....

Scotlands ambition was an improvement over the last 2 games but Ireland played a very disciplined game when in their own half, the Hines incident was annoying in the extreme HOWEVER if you watch the replay Jacobsen could also have been the cause as it was his straight arm that the touchjudge flagged for. Hines was attempting to get the ball for a quick tap, plus O'Gara could also have caused a re-reversal after he struck out at Hines when it was nothing to do with him.

A better performance but the basics are still missing, the ball just gets shipped left to right and back again without any real progression. Websters try was a very good example of a player running of the angle and straightening the line, result he wrong foots the defence and has an easy run in. Too many times Scotland allowed themselves to be crabbed along to the touchline which makes it easier to defend against.

EasterGreen
24-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Hadden should go as soon as possible and be replaced by Robinson with Lineen as an assistant. Hadden is taking things further and further downhill! :boo hoo::agree::boo hoo: