PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Capitals

Cadger
16-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Hi there folks

i've recently took a fancy to ice hockey, been watching it for a few months now on NASN. (took a liking to the Vancouver Canucks!) i want to watch the capitals when i can.
how do i go about ordering tickets? i notice on there site you can pay by paypal etc just wondering do the tickets get sent out to me? or do i collect them at the door?

cheers for any info :bye:

NYHibby
16-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Don't worry about buying them ahead of time. Just buy them at the game.

franks
16-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah no need to book just buy them on the night. They have a game this Sunday 17th and again next Sunday. Face off is 6.00pm. Web site www.edinburgh-capitals.com. Good nights entertainment.

Pheona
16-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Yup, just pay at the gate.

They play Newcastle Vipers tomorrow night, always good for a bit of fun.

Stefishen v Payette :take that ...'mon Stef!!!!!

Cadger
16-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks alot for the info folks! taking the wee man and the mrs down!! cant wait :agree:

KdyHby
17-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Great results for the Caps last night, Caps won 3 1 at Cardiff (it's a long journey back up for tonight's match). With Basingstoke having lost both Friday & Sat night - we could end up 3 points behind them tonight, with that final play-off place up for grabs.

Pheona
17-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Great results for the Caps last night, Caps won 3 1 at Cardiff (it's a long journey back up for tonight's match). With Basingstoke having lost both Friday & Sat night - we could end up 3 points behind them tonight, with that final play-off place up for grabs.

Great result for them last night. :agree:

Hopefully they don't suffer from the journey back from Cardiff and can do it again tonight. AND I see Dino is finally back! :thumbsup:

PC Stamp
17-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Great result for them last night. :agree:

Hopefully they don't suffer from the journey back from Cardiff and can do it again tonight. AND I see Dino is finally back! :thumbsup:

It's amazing what threatening someone with having to commentate with Willie Dunn again will do. :wink:

Pheona
17-02-2008, 11:41 AM
It's amazing what threatening someone with having to commentate with Willie Dunn again will do. :wink:

:faf:

MontrealHibs
17-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Yup, just pay at the gate.

They play Newcastle Vipers tomorrow night, always good for a bit of fun.

Stefishen v Payette :take that ...'mon Stef!!!!!

Andre Payette vs Adam Stefishen that would be interesting. Payette is a handful and rated by many as the best fighter in the Elite league. Stefishen got voted second best 'heavyweight' last season when playing with Rocky Mountain Rage in the CHL...

If every anybody needed a reason go get along to Murrayfield tonight that is reasone enough!

Pheona
17-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Andre Payette every time.... he's A list - Steph is B list.

Nah! :greengrin

Steven_R_hfc
24-02-2008, 11:53 AM
been going to caps games since the fife flyers days, my very first game was on boxing day of. . . .don't the year and there was bench clear-out(all players fightin) when we had marty johnston

was at the game last night, great result for us in both game, we won and BAISINGSTOKE GOT BEAT!!!!:thumbsup:

i can see us going to the play-offs, c'mon capitals!!

KdyHby
24-02-2008, 01:58 PM
been going to caps games since the fife flyers days, my very first game was on boxing day of. . . .don't the year and there was bench clear-out(all players fightin) when we had marty johnston

was at the game last night, great result for us in both game, we won and BAISINGSTOKE GOT BEAT!!!!:thumbsup:

First period last night was as bad as watching the last 85 mins of the ICT match. Fortunately things picked up after that, only 3 points behind Bison now. Moray Hanson's reffing last night :asshole::bitchy::crazy::idiot::wtf:

PC Stamp
24-02-2008, 02:08 PM
First period last night was as bad as watching the last 85 mins of the ICT match. Fortunately things picked up after that, only 3 points behind Bison now. Moray Hanson's reffing last night :asshole::bitchy::crazy::idiot::wtf:

Best decision ever from him last night in penalising the Caps for tripping whilst at the same time penalising the "tripped" Hull player for diving!!

It could be argued that some of his decisions against the Caps are so biased that it's verging on dodgy!

He also misses a blatant knee on Ben O'Conner and then ends up penalising three Caps players in a short burst. One of the penalties against Doug Christiansen was for fighting whilst he failed to penalise the Hull player (Riddle) who also fought!! I don't think I've ever seen a fight before where BOTH players haven't been penalised!

And Martin McKay was a better goalie than Hanson! :wink:

Frazerbob
24-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Is it really the same Moray Hanson who played in goal for the Racers?

I take it there's a bit of history with poor decisions. Surely he would be biased in favour of the Caps? :confused:

PC Stamp
24-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Is it really the same Moray Hanson who played in goal for the Racers? Yup

I take it there's a bit of history with poor decisions. Surely he would be biased in favour of the Caps? :confused: Far from it. He's completely the opposite ... I assume from fear that others might brand him as biased for the Capitals!

confused
24-02-2008, 04:39 PM
:7:-:0:, Hanson, a good ref on a good day! but on a bad day ??????? just ask Dino, aye and Marty Mckay was a better net minder , just ask Sheffield, as regards enforcers --- " mad Mike Ware would have K.O'd the lot of them!

confused
24-02-2008, 05:48 PM
:boo hoo:The caps travel to play manchester tonight ,and ----------- the ref is ????????????? Mr Hanson :brickwall

Pheona
24-02-2008, 07:41 PM

Not if tonight is anything to go by, they are getting their erses booted 6 - 3 as we speak :boo hoo:

Pheona
24-02-2008, 07:42 PM

He is apparently reffing tonight also :confused: no wonder Dino just got a 2+10.

Steven_R_hfc
24-02-2008, 08:00 PM
how do you know all this chilli?

bout tonights match?

Pheona
24-02-2008, 08:26 PM
how do you know all this chilli?

bout tonights match?

combination of caps website and www.ih-update.co.uk

finished 7 - 4 (pheonix last goal an ENG). Stef and Brett Clourtier both thrown out of game for fighting. Cloutier 3rd man

Steven_R_hfc
24-02-2008, 08:46 PM
combination of caps website and www.ih-update.co.uk (http://www.ih-update.co.uk)

finished 7 - 4 (pheonix last goal an ENG). Stef and Brett Clourtier both thrown out of game for fighting. Cloutier 3rd man

orite cool.

you a regular to the caps home games?

stef' mental ae? at the game last night? what about christeinsens fight haha

Pheona
24-02-2008, 08:56 PM
orite cool.

you a regular to the caps home games?

stef' mental ae? at the game last night? what about christeinsens fight haha

Gotta season ticket.

Stef been a bit quieter lately, think he has been warned.

Yeah was there last night to. Doug got a couple of good punches in, but I don't think he got the better of Riddle (Jimmy :confused:) :greengrin

EDIT: So much for Stef being quieter, he received an automatic game penalty last night for 3 fights. (won 1, lost 1, drew 1)

Pheona
04-03-2008, 09:56 AM
If anyone fancies going along to a Capitals game, I have a few Complimentary and discount tickets left from the allocation given to ST holders for the last 2 home games of the season.

9 March v Manchester Pheonix face off 6:00
23 March V Basingstoke Bisons face off 6:00

PM me if anyone is interested

PC Stamp
04-03-2008, 04:52 PM
If anyone fancies going along to a Capitals game, I have a few Complimentary and discount tickets left from the allocation given to ST holders for the last 2 home games of the season.

And with the Capitals now in with a REAL chance of making the end of season play offs for the first time ever you are sure to see some committed ice hockey! :agree:

Pheona
14-03-2008, 03:45 PM

And with the Capitals now in with a REAL chance of making the end of season play offs for the first time ever you are sure to see some committed ice hockey! :agree:

The Capitals currently hold the last play-off place, so it could be a good (if fraught) game on Sunday 23rd.

I still have some 50% discount tickets available for this game if anyone is interested.