PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Capitals

Frazerbob
12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
After going to see the Leafs in Toronto a couple of weeks ago I've decided to go along to Murrayfield tonight for the Coventry game. Not been to Hockey in Edinburgh for about 18+ years. Used to go regulary in the days when the Racers dominated with guys such as Paul and Tony Hand, Rick Fera, Moray Hanson, Jock Hay, Scott Neil, Chris Kelland etc.

I know there's a few on here that go to the hockey so what can I expect? What sort of crowd do they get these days and I take the old wooden seats have been replaced! Anyone who went back in the good old days, I'd be interested to hear how it compares now.

Pheona
12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
After going to see the Leafs in Toronto a couple of weeks ago I've decided to go along to Murrayfield tonight for the Coventry game. Not been to Hockey in Edinburgh for about 18+ years. Used to go regulary in the days when the Racers dominated with guys such as Paul and Tony Hand, Rick Fera, Moray Hanson, Jock Hay, Scott Neil, Chris Kelland etc.

I know there's a few on here that go to the hockey so what can I expect? What sort of crowd do they get these days and I take the old wooden seats have been replaced! Anyone who went back in the good old days, I'd be interested to hear how it compares now.

a: expect - your'e a Hibby you should know what to expect! :greengrin Jokes apart, apart from a dismal couple of months at the end of last year, they seem to be playing well on the whole. Should be a good game tonight. Not sure about the crowd tonight because it is a cup game so not a season ticket game. Not sure anything will compare to those days though.

b: Moray will probs be there tonight (as ref) there's no show without Punch. Jock will be there, (on the bench) and his laddie will be there to (No16) Tony still Player/Coach at Manchester. Scottie of course will be there.

c: Seats - don't be silly! Of course they are still there.

Should be a good game though :pray:

mglancy23
13-02-2008, 12:44 PM
i was at the game last night :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

thought the 2nd one was lost was unlucky and i was confident going into the 3rd but 2 goals in quick succession for them and there was not coming back

i have lost my caps undefeated record now* :brickwall

* not seen them lose a league game though :greengrin

mglancy23
13-02-2008, 12:45 PM
meant to mention i was a few rows behind the guy doing the webcam for the game! they had a laptop, seen the guy check the hibs site a few times :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:singing:Hibees here......

:greengrin

Pheona
13-02-2008, 12:53 PM
meant to mention i was a few rows behind the guy doing the webcam for the game! they had a laptop, seen the guy check the hibs site a few times :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:singing:Hibees here......

:greengrin

"The Guy" was our very own Willie Dunn with his trusty helper Dino Bauba.

Pheona
13-02-2008, 12:56 PM
i was at the game last night :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

thought the 2nd one was lost was unlucky and i was confident going into the 3rd but 2 goals in quick succession for them and there was not coming back

i have lost my caps undefeated record now* :brickwall

* not seen them lose a league game though :greengrin

So, it was your fault then!.

I hardly saw much of the 1st period, cos I was gonna fill in those horrible little brats that were bouncing around us causing havoc.

I am all for kids being encouraged to go to sports but for **** sake could the parents PLEASE keep control of them. :fuming: