PDA

View Full Version : Golf - Buick Invitational

Hank Schrader
27-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I'd be watching this one quite closely. The course, Torrey Pines, is being used for the US Open in June and although Tiger Woods in ripping the field a new asshole just now I would be watching who else is doing well here, they could be good for a little e/w wager come the tournament in June.

Just a wee heads up for anyone who likes a wee punt on the Golf:wink:

Sylar
27-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Tiger will be pining this year after spending a lot of last year out due to paternity. Especially after only carding one major last year - however, having been following the European Tour in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qutar the last few weeks (Dubai being next week actually), i really fancy Stenson to have a big year this season. He's been playing some cracking golf and was unfortunate to be outdone today, only by a course breaking 61 from Adam Scott. Lee Westwood would be a cheeky outside bet for the Open at RB this year, being that it's a course he's VERY familiar with.

Hank Schrader
27-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Tiger will be pining this year after spending a lot of last year out due to paternity. Especially after only carding one major last year - however, having been following the European Tour in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qutar the last few weeks (Dubai being next week actually), i really fancy Stenson to have a big year this season. He's been playing some cracking golf and was unfortunate to be outdone today, only by a course breaking 61 from Adam Scott. Lee Westwood would be a cheeky outside bet for the Open at RB this year, being that it's a course he's VERY familiar with.

Good shouts there Scott:agree:

Going to be paying a lot more attention to the PGA and European Tours this year, the weeks leading up the Majors are always a good guide on who is likely to play well in the four big ones.

Stunning win for Adam Scott today, could be a big year for him as well.