PDA

View Full Version : Haddington Golf Club

HibbyKeith
25-01-2008, 07:02 PM
hi folks, was curious if any of the .net users have played or are members of haddington glof club? they have a fantastic deal for membership on at the moment and was contemplating joining ( obviously not without playing it first)

just looking for some input and views of how good/bad the course is.

cheers in advance,

stantonhibby
25-01-2008, 07:52 PM
hi folks, was curious if any of the .net users have played or are members of haddington glof club? they have a fantastic deal for membership on at the moment and was contemplating joining ( obviously not without playing it first)

just looking for some input and views of how good/bad the course is.

cheers in advance,

Played it quite a few times...............not bad at all............has improved a lot over the last few years......a lot of good holes........course is usually playable all year round as well.............18th hole is crap though !

hibsboy90
25-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Not a bad course, i've played it a few times, I've noticed the rates available now and it would be worth going for.

Although the club is in a bit of financial difficulty at the moment. Newspaper Article (http://www.eastlothiancourier.com/article.php?sec=2&id=19059)

Course wasn't in the best shape when i played it, though that was the height of a (wet) winter. And you don't need mats.

HibbyKeith
25-01-2008, 11:21 PM
thanks for the info guys. hopefully manage to get a game there in the next few days, weather permitting.
:wink:

col02
26-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Just read the article and it seems a good deal. One word against Haddington is the large volume of older golfers which seem to clog the course up till about lunchtime and the fact the back nine if there has been much rain is pretty much unplayable. My mate is a member there and i have played a few times and i am contemplating joining there as well as my existing Castlepark GC membership which imho is a far better course and quieter too only bugger up there is the wind though.:greengrin

HibbyKeith
26-01-2008, 09:06 AM
was my thinking also col, my intention is to join prestonfield GC in october, have a large group of guys i can golf with there and its handy to get to from home and work, but was looking at haddington as a filler for the summer ahead, the deal is fantastic value.

sg7nil
03-02-2008, 05:54 AM
A good few years since I played it on an outing (2 rounds)... some guys ran out of balls due to the fact that the rough was waist deep (like a hayfield) with no semi rough to stop your balls running off the fairway and straight into the hayfields. It hadn't rained for some time and the fairways were like concrete which made the playing conditions difficult to say the least.

HibbyKeith
04-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Having played and applied for membership today, there wasn't a hayfield in sight, lost 1 ball to the out of bounds wall at the 6th, course was a little heavy with a handful of puddles from the bad weather we've had recently. and a bit of work drainage work being done between the 10th tee and 13th green. NO winter greens in play at all.

unbelievable value for money, cant wait till the summer.:wink: