PDA

View Full Version : Basketball

marlow
15-01-2008, 02:46 PM
I've always been surprised by the British lack of interest for Basketball, that must be the second most popular sport in the world after football at least in terms of tv rights and spectators. The NBA is broadcast nearly everywhere in the world and there are players from many many nations, including 4 very good british born players... The Euroleague is improving year after year and the American national dream team has had a touch time for a long time now, since so many nations are now up to the task. Only UK is missing at the top cub level and who knows if the British who play in NBA will ever deliver for team UK. Why British poeple show such scarse interest for this nice, elegant and complete sport? NASN is showing nearly every American thing except NBA. Its tactical depth is perhaps unique, and watching Basketball at most levels is rarely boring.
Anyone follow it on here?

floridahibby
15-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Have followed the NBA for years not much coverage in the UK.Had a season ticket a couple of years ago for the Orlando Magic was fortunate to see MJ playing.A great night out.

Frazerbob
15-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Not a big basketball fan but I'm off to Toronto next week and going along to see The Raptors. I didn't realise they had a NBA team in Toronto. Looking forward to it (not as much as the ice hockey tho!).

Baldy
17-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Anyone follow it on here?

yes I follow Basketball... been involved in the sport all my life.

sparkiehibs
22-01-2008, 10:16 AM
yes I follow Basketball... been involved in the sport all my life.

Same Here

Fair enough a shorter time than Baldy but still all of my life

Frank the tank
22-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Me too!!

Definately not as long as old man Baldy though.

Longer than yourself though young Sparkie

Dr_Regal
22-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I never miss a celtics game......................................on TV. Been to two games this year.

Started watching them last year, ended up having the second worst record in the NBA. My how the table's have turned. We signed two allstars now we have the best record in the NBA.
The Celtics have a tough trip to the texas triangle in Feb (Dallas, Houston and Spurs) this will be a massive test for them, if they emerge from this road trip with 3 wins, expect them to win it all.

floridahibby
22-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I never miss a celtics game......................................on TV. Been to two games this year.

Started watching them last year, ended up having the second worst record in the NBA. My how the table's have turned. We signed two allstars now we have the best record in the NBA.
The Celtics have a tough trip to the texas triangle in Feb (Dallas, Houston and Spurs) this will be a massive test for them, if they emerge from this road trip with 3 wins, expect them to win it all.

They will do well to come out of the Texas test with 3 wins.Hopefully the Magic can catch them and the Pistons (great win last nite for Magic).

booboo_hibs
22-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Won the Scottish Schools Cup the last two years and in the quarters of the under 18's cup at the moment:thumbsup::thumbsup: