PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray - Australian Open

'Mon the Hibs
13-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Andy kicks off (or should that be serves off) his Aussie Open test tonight/in the morning.

He's 3rd on the main court. Play starts at midnight, with two women's matches on before him. He will probably come on at about 4am.

C'mon Andy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2008, 11:56 PM
forgot that was tonight! Good stuff. I'll set the sky+ :thumbsup:

'Mon the Hibs
14-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Well that was crap!

I woke up to watch the first 2 sets, and Murray just didnt turn up. Tsonga is a powerful player, but very eratic. But probably played the game of his life. Murray did too litlle too late.

Lost 7-5, 6-4, 0-6, 7-6 :brickwall

notorious
14-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Tsonga's a good player, could be a top 10 player in a couple years IMO. Beat Lleyton Hewitt couple weeks ago in the Adelaide Open, not surprised he beat Murray in the slightest, I like Murray but he's nowhere near consistant enough to challnge the big guns like Fed, Nadal and Djokovic.

'Mon the Hibs
14-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Tsonga's a good player, could be a top 10 player in a couple years IMO. Beat Lleyton Hewitt couple weeks ago in the Adelaide Open, not surprised he beat Murray in the slightest, I like Murray but he's nowhere near consistant enough to challnge the big guns like Fed, Nadal and Djokovic.

Tsonga is a good player, and he showed that toda.... but, like alot of players in the top 50, has potential but also can play very eratically.

Murray on the other hand missed much of last season, including 2 grandslams, through injury, in what should have been the season that he really burst through into the top 10. He still knocked up 2 titles and almost qualfied for the masters final event. He will be a top 4/5 player consistantly by the end of this season, evedently in that he cosistanly beats top 10 players.