PDA

View Full Version : Calzaghe vs Hopkins

maximushibee
09-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Has anyone heard any news about this fight happening?

onionman
10-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Supposed to be drawing the small details at the moment. Due to be announced soon.

Personally I think its a waste of time for Calzaghe, old man Bernard is past it.

Hibsterical One
10-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Supposed to be drawing the small details at the moment. Due to be announced soon.

Personally I think its a waste of time for Calzaghe, old man Bernard is past it.

He'll be a fair few dollars richer, so not that much of a waste of time :wink:

Apparently it's scheduled for 11/12th April. Pretty sure it'll be the 12th as it's a Saturday.

And I'm in Vegas then if it does take place :thumbsup:

LustForLeith
11-01-2008, 10:08 PM
He'll be a fair few dollars richer, so not that much of a waste of time :wink:

Apparently it's scheduled for 11/12th April. Pretty sure it'll be the 12th as it's a Saturday.

And I'm in Vegas then if it does take place :thumbsup:

Good luck - New York Yankees stadium is being touted as the venue!

A guy in my work is booking up tomorrow for it, he's convinced it will be in Vegas. Should be good whereever it is. At Hatton/Prettybiy weighin, Hopkins still looked in good nick!

Hibsterical One
12-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Good luck - New York Yankees stadium is being touted as the venue!

A guy in my work is booking up tomorrow for it, he's convinced it will be in Vegas. Should be good whereever it is. At Hatton/Prettybiy weighin, Hopkins still looked in good nick!

Cheers! You've got access to the same info as me (t'internet), I'm sure a google revealed the MGM in Vegas was favourite. Hadn't heard about the possiblity of Yankee Stadium, although the baseball season will have started by then, so I'd think it unlikely.

Still got to fancy Cal, er, Caz, er big Joe though!

notorious
14-01-2008, 11:32 AM
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, April 12th.

Hibs Class
23-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Confirmed today as Las Vegas on 19 April, and a non-title bout. Noticed as well Hopkins comments that he "would never let a white boy beat me". This seems to have been shrugged off far more than if Calzaghe had said that he'd never let a black boy beat him!

bobbyhibs1983
06-02-2008, 02:27 PM
hey
I think amir kahn may be on the same bill as part of the undercard,Well thats what frank warren is hoping to do as amir kahn might get some good coverge in the states

joe_hfc
11-02-2008, 11:34 PM
there's no point in this fight for anybody except for calzaghe and hopkins pockets. Calzaghe will win every round until he knocks hopkins out. over-rated and over-the-hill hopkins doesn't stand a chance.....imo :wink:

sleeping giant
11-02-2008, 11:56 PM
there's no point in this fight for anybody except for calzaghe and hopkins pockets. Calzaghe will win every round until he knocks hopkins out. over-rated and over-the-hill hopkins doesn't stand a chance.....imo :wink:
Always a chance mate. Calzaghe is a class fighter and i think he will win but Hopkins is no mug.

euan moran
12-02-2008, 02:59 PM

Wouldn't say that at all. Hopkins isn't the most exciting fighter of all time, but he's effective at what he does. Even at this age, he's super fit and has barely lost any of his sharpness. He's still a very dangerous opponent for Calzaghe, especially in Vegas, where there's been just one or two dodgy decisions over the years.

RoslinInstHibby
18-03-2008, 01:23 PM
the fight is live on setanta:thumbsup: