PDA

View Full Version : Met Alex Arthur today

Toaods
01-01-2008, 12:51 AM
....in Cameron Toll.

Stopped him and said how much I enjoyed the fight at Meadowbank and the whole night's action.

Sound guy...:thumbsup: was with his missus and kid but he chatted for a wee bit(as they marched on).

Was very appreciative of all the backing he got but said he toiled to make the weight. He bulks right up between fights and had to cut three stone for that last one. Said I had seen Foster previously and thought he would be a tough opponent and he agreed fully.

Said he had just finished talking to Frank Warren on the phone and he has a fight lined up for February or March but no opponent or venue decided.
Never thought to ask him at what weight it would be... :doh: .

Wished him all the best and as he left gave me and a pat on the back and the thumbs up.

Nameless
01-01-2008, 12:44 PM
I have never heard a bad word said against this guy. A model pro, and a very humble man. I was at Meadowbank for that fight, and it was the best atmosphere I have experienced at a fight. I am confident 2008 will be his year, and I truley hope the boxing public show him the same kind of support they did against Foster:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
01-01-2008, 01:45 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Nice yin Toaods..i met him very brielfy 4 years ago in the passing and said to my mates 'look who it is, amazin alex arthur' he smiled and said 'hiya pal, hows it gawn'.

:thumbsup:

robinp
01-01-2008, 02:17 PM
....in Cameron Toll.

Stopped him and said how much I enjoyed the fight at Meadowbank and the whole night's action.

Sound guy...:thumbsup: was with his missus and kid but he chatted for a wee bit(as they marched on).

Was very appreciative of all the backing he got but said he toiled to make the weight. He bulks right up between fights and had to cut three stone for that last one. Said I had seen Foster previously and thought he would be a tough opponent and he agreed fully.

Said he had just finished talking to Frank Warren on the phone and he has a fight lined up for February or March but no opponent or venue decided.

Wished him all the best and as he left gave me and a pat on the back and the thumbs up.

Bumped into him, literally, a few months back when I was coming home from the gym. He was out running at arthurs seat. Ran into me with the plastic shell suit on sweat pouring, polite enough to apologise, say hi, how;s training etc etc. Seems a nice chap. :agree:

PC Stamp
04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Bumped into him, literally, a few months back when I was coming home from the gym. He was out running at arthurs seat. Ran into me with the plastic shell suit on sweat pouring, polite enough to apologise, say hi, how;s training etc etc. Seems a nice chap. :agree:

You had a plastic shell suit on? It isnae working mate :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
....in Cameron Toll.

My wee sister is a friend of his sister-in-law and apparently all they eat is cabbage for the week or so leading up to the weigh-in. He needs to move up though - I think he's hanging on to get the official world title then he'll move on for the big money fight v Amir Khan.:agree:

Toaods
09-01-2008, 01:10 AM
My wee sister is a friend of his sister-in-law and apparently all they eat is cabbage for the week or so leading up to the weigh-in. He needs to move up though - I think he's hanging on to get the official world title then he'll move on for the big money fight v Amir Khan.:agree:

'Mon the Cabbage.............:scarf:

givescotlandfreedom
09-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I worked in the Waverley and stopped him wothout a ticket. I might not have been so brave had I recognised him at the time :greengrin He seemed a nice, polite guy though.

robinp
09-01-2008, 01:09 PM
You had a plastic shell suit on? It isnae working mate :wink:

:cool2: