PDA

View Full Version : Haye V Maccarinelli - It's On

LustForLeith
30-12-2007, 02:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7163061.stm

Could be at O2 Arena in London. Only holds 20,000 (I may be wrong) pity it's not going to be at the Millenium Stadium

Nameless
31-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I read this last week. I think it is going to be live on Setanta, and I can't wait. I have been trying to pick a winner, but I'm beat. This is going to be another classic, like Watson-v-Benn at Findsbury Park:thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
01-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Can't see this one going 12 rounds!!!

Toaods
01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Haye will be worried the quicker Macarinelli will catch him out and Macca will be worried that he burns himself out.

Quite posibly an overhyped Mexican stand off - I'll look forward to it on Tv but wouldn't fancy paying much to see that as a bill-topper.

Hank Schrader
01-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Haye will be worried the quicker Macarinelli will catch him out and Macca will be worried that he burns himself out.

Quite posibly an overhyped Mexican stand off - I'll look forward to it on Tv but wouldn't fancy paying much to see that as a bill-topper.

Two big hitters, both World Champions with many knockouts on their record. I reckon sparks will fly:agree: Its going to be a lot better than those turgid boreathons between Williams, Skelton and Harrison that the British heavyweight division has served up in recent years.

Haye's chin has been well tested. He got up off the floor to beat Jean Marc Mormeck recently, thats puts Haye in good stead for this fight. Macanerelli has only lost once very early in his career and to be honest I don't really know how good his chin is. If Haye catches him flush it had better be strong, Haye bangs very hard:agree: Mind you so does Enzo!!!

Cannae wait :hyper:

Toaods
01-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Macanerelli has only lost once very early in his career and to be honest I don't really know how good his chin is. If Haye catches him flush it had better be strong, Haye bangs very hard:agree: Mind you so does Enzo!!!

Cannae wait :hyper:

I saw one of his first fights and although he split the opponent in two that was after he was well away himself.

Haven't really seen him take a solid punch since - Haye for me.

LustForLeith
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Tickets on sale now...

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2008, 08:10 PM

Really? - didn't you pay £40 to watch a non-world title fight recently? :greengrin I think it'll be a topper of a fight.

I saw one of his first fights and although he split the opponent in two that was after he was well away himself.

Haven't really seen him take a solid punch since - Haye for me.

Maccaranelli in 5,6 or 7 for me. Haye doesn't cover his chin and when he gets hit he goes down.

Toaods
08-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Really? - didn't you pay £40 to watch a non-world title fight recently? :greengrin

nope..........I paid £40 for a great nights entertainment with a powder-keg charged atmosphere for the big one. Think it's the favourite for Fight of the Year according to those in the know....:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2008, 10:21 PM
nope..........I paid £40 for a great nights entertainment with a powder-keg charged atmosphere for the big one. Think it's the favourite for Fight of the Year according to those in the know....:wink:

For a non-world title fight it was good. :wink: Surely they've chosen fight of the year by now though?

maximushibee
09-01-2008, 07:40 PM
maccaranelli will piss all over him easy easy easy

johnson
09-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Tickets on sale now...

Yep, just bought my ticket from frankwarren.tv !!! Yayyy!

Toaods
09-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Yep, just bought my ticket from frankwarren.tv !!! Yayyy!

what level are you on? O2 is amazing but you wouldn't want to be in the top tier.....:dizzy:

johnson
10-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Good question. I honestly dont have a scooby. looking forward to it though. First time in London. Is the o2 big? Can you get a good view from anywhere?

Toaods
10-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Good question. I honestly dont have a scooby. looking forward to it though. First time in London. Is the o2 big? Can you get a good view from anywhere?

We went ther for Prince...........in Tier two - great view, so I'm only surmising here but Tier three decent, tier four - top row of the Club deck at the Nou Camp I'd guess.

The static picture in this link will give you an idea of the scale we are talking about here...

http://www.theo2.co.uk/inside/the-o2-arena-2.html