PDA

View Full Version : pdc world darts

Cod Boy
15-12-2007, 09:02 PM
who do you think will win the world darts which starts on monday

Sauzee7062
31-12-2007, 02:32 AM

I'm taking a punt here but I think either John Part or Kirk Sheperd to win :wink:

In all seriousness I did put a bet on Part to win at the start of the tournament at 33/1. It was only £1 e/w mind you but if he wins I'm not complaining

Bunter
31-12-2007, 04:59 AM

I'm taking a punt here but I think either John Part or Kirk Sheperd to win :wink:

In all seriousness I did put a bet on Part to win at the start of the tournament at 33/1. It was only £1 e/w mind you but if he wins I'm not complaining
IIRC The darts which starts on Monday is the BDO shown on the beeb. The PDC darts is the Sky based tourney as Sauzee7062 says.

Nameless
31-12-2007, 08:55 PM
IIRC The darts which starts on Monday is the BDO shown on the beeb. The PDC darts is the Sky based tourney as Sauzee7062 says.

Indeed you are correct, the lesser world championship STARTS on Monday, but the real world championship CONCLUDES on Monday, and I can't see past Kirk. The lad has been outstanding, and the job he did on Mardle last night was superb.

Cod Boy
31-12-2007, 08:57 PM

check when i started this thread

Nando™
02-01-2008, 08:27 AM
In all seriousness I did put a bet on Part to win at the start of the tournament at 33/1.
Ya beauty!

This was the match I've ever saw Shepherd play and I already hate the wee pr!ck :brickwall

Randerson_4
07-01-2008, 07:13 PM
what is the difference between the 2 tourneys?

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-01-2008, 08:08 PM

The one thats on now is full of English tack lost in a myrad of sovie rings and necklaces:drool:

Hibby_Paul
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM

Darts use to be one organisation - as the BDO (BBc Darts) then there was a breakaway of the top players in that league to form a rival organisation, the PDC (Sky darts).

Initially the 2 legues were maybe quite evenly matched, although the best player of all time Phil taylor was with Sky. In last 4-5 years Id say around 70% of the top BBC players have moved to join Sky darts, with bigger money the attraction.

I enjoy watching BBC but for me doesnt have the quality but also the excitement the Sky darts offers...sky also have the tune that gets the whole crowd going after each set :)

theres my quick guide!

oh found this too, prob explains it far better than me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDxId3RPfBM