PDA

View Full Version : Uk Championship Snooker

Chez
09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Watching John Higgins v Jamie Cole the now and John is being cuffed 5 -2. If a Scottish player gets to the final, who would you like to win it and if not a Scottish player, which other player?

Would like to see Graeme Dott as my Scottish player and, if he dosen't make it, Mark Williams as my other choice.

Wilson
10-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I've always been a fan of John Higgins. When he is on top form his snooker is a sight to behold. He is, therefore, my obvious preference as Scottish player to make the final and to win it. He has his work cut out against Cope though it seems.

I'm not a fan of Murphy or Ding Junhui so neither of them to win it. I can't support O'Sullivan either. He is a million miles ahead of anyone on his day - I can respect the talent but it makes me sick so it does :wink:

I like to see auld Steve Davis roll back the years but he is out. Selby would be my choice if not Higgins. No real reason. I just dislike his game least out of the remainder of the field.

HibbyAndy
10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Watching John Higgins v Jamie Cole the now and John is being cuffed 5 -2. If a Scottish player gets to the final, who would you like to win it and if not a Scottish player, which other player?

Would like to see Graeme Dott as my Scottish player and, if he dosen't make it, Mark Williams as my other choice.

Out all the Scottish lads my favourite is Dott....when he won the world title 2 years back he did so by playing excellent match play snooker and a real determinationto succeed.

Im sure he is currently tied at 4-4 with Dave Harold but id expect/hope Dott to win this match and progress through the tournament accordingly.

Got a lot of time for snooker just now, so many promising young players coming through

Good luck Graeme Dott!

Chez
11-12-2007, 04:10 AM
Was disappointed to see Graeme Dott go out this evening - got beaten 9-7 - however, not without a fight! Looks like Stephen Maguire is the only scot left in the tournament so will go for him. Mark Williams is in a tough battle with Mark Allen from NI, just hope he gets through though I think MW will be beaten. If none of them win, be happy for anyone except the Rocket :brickwall

Sir David Gray
13-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Just watched Ronnie O'Sullivan defeat Jamie Cope 9-2 after Cope was leading 2-1!

In the second last frame O'Sullivan had the chance to make a 147 but just came up short on the final red missing a doubler.

Some sensational play from him and I honestly can't see past him for the title.

Semi final line up's almost complete it's;

Maguire (Sco) v Murphy (Eng)
O'Sullivan (Eng) v Selby (Eng)/Fu (HK)

Gotta go for the last remaining Scot! :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
13-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Just watched Ronnie O'Sullivan defeat Jamie Cope 9-2 after Cope was leading 2-1!

In the second last frame O'Sullivan had the chance to make a 147 but just came up short on the final red missing a doubler.

Some sensational play from him and I honestly can't see past him for the title.

Semi final line up's almost complete it's;

Maguire (Sco) v Murphy (Eng)
O'Sullivan (Eng) v Selby (Eng)/Fu (HK)

Gotta go for the last remaining Scot! :thumbsup:

Yeah i watched it too mate!!! Ronnie was awesome..nearly made that double for a 147:agree:

The guy has so much natural talent it really is frightning...Ronnie in 3rd gear would beat most players on there game :agree:

Sir David Gray
14-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Just watched the complete opposite style of snooker to O'Sullivan last night in the final frame between Mark Selby and Marco Fu.

It was 8-7 to Selby and in the 16th frame, history was made as they competed in the longest ever televised frame of snooker, lasting an amazing 1 hour and 17 minutes beating the previous record, from last year's World Championship final between Graeme Dott and Peter Ebdon, by 3 minutes.

Selby eventually won 9-7 but it was thrilling stuff by both players.

Today's semi final line up is;

Maguire v Murphy
O'Sullivan v Selby

The cooler king
14-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Snooker is the equivalent of what World of sport Wrestling was in the 70's.:wink:

Sir David Gray
14-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Looking good from a Scottish perspective, Stephen Maguire's currently 7-1 up on Shaun Murphy in their semi final.

Sir David Gray
14-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Getting interesting now, Shaun Murphy's won 3 out of the last 4 frames to get it back to 8-4 at the mid session interval.

Maguire only needs 1 more frame to win the match but you never know.

Sir David Gray
15-12-2007, 11:40 PM
What a match between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Selby. Selby led 6-3 and then 7-5 before levelling at 8-8. O'Sullivan then got a 147 in the deciding frame to take the match 9-8.

O'Sullivan now takes on Stephen Maguire in tomorrow's final.

Hank Schrader
15-12-2007, 11:57 PM
What a match between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Selby. Selby led 6-3 and then 7-5 before levelling at 8-8. O'Sullivan then got a 147 in the deciding frame to take the match 9-8.

O'Sullivan now takes on Stephen Maguire in tomorrow's final.

Amazing stuff, to win with a 147!!

Still fancy Maguire to win tomorrow:wink:

Hank Schrader
16-12-2007, 04:11 PM
5-0 to O Sullivan so far:bitchy:

Sir David Gray
16-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Ahh well that'll be that then!

8-0 to O'Sullivan going into tonight's session, only needing 2 frames to clinch the title.

Can't really argue if he wins the tournament, he's been in sensational form during the whole week.

cleanyman
16-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Stephens getting hammered! It will probably be 10-0 by the end. :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
16-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Ahh well at least it wasn't a whitewash, ended up 10-2.

Well done Ronnie, he deserved it over the course of the week.