PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to get Red Sox tickets

Stoney Hibee
25-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Given that the Red Sox have a almost Jamboesque :wink: record of consecutive sell outs, how easy would it be to get tickets for games in Boston.

I have seen them a few times but always away from Boston and I would like to pay a visit to Fenway next season

duncs
27-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Pretty difficult on match-day or leading upto it.

Best bet is wait for January and they all go on-sale at the same time - if you sign upto the newsletter, you'll get a reminder of when tickets go on sale.

hibsboy90
27-11-2007, 07:49 PM
I saw them before they were majorly popular over here, tickets were easy to get :wink::duck:

I'd say either scalpers outside Fenway, but as the previous poster said,try it when they all come out. Don't try to get one for a BIG team though :thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
27-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Little or no chance of getting tickets v New York. Everyone else you should be okay. I got a ticket for each of the games against Tampa Bay in mid-September no problem, bought them online in mid-summer.

Prepare to be horribly over-charged compared with 90% of MLB teams though. Having said that, I think it is worthwhile paying a bit extra to get a good seat down the base line rather than sit in the bleachers, you get more interaction with the people sitting around you (slagging off JD Drew, if nothing else).

The stadium tour is worthwhile though, it gives you the view of sitting in the good seats (incl monster seats) without having to pay for them.

duncs
29-11-2007, 10:02 AM
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/ticketing/singlegame.jsp?c_id=bos

Got this link this morning. Single tickets for next season go on sale Dec 8th.

Hope that helps you!

HibsMax
08-12-2007, 04:26 PM
it's easy to find tickets for the Sox.....IF you are prepared to pay the price. Checkout stubhub.com. Trying to get tickets the legitimate way is next to impossible. Select tickets go on sale before the season starts but it's really difficult. I got tickets for a Sox vs. Indians game a couple of years ago, really decent seats and I didn't have to pay too much over the odds.....I think the tickets were $45 (face value) and I got them for $65 each.

duncs
09-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Tickets for single games went on sale yesterday, just head to the Red Sox homepage.
At this stage of the year, it shouldn't be too difficult to get some.